14. Annabeth

I wasn't sure how much time had passed when Shiva came back. It was hard to tell considering I was in a cement box. I'd searched every corner of my prison in attempt to find any way out but there was nothing. I did however still have my Yankees cap so evidently they didn't think a baseball hat could help. But If I could get them to open a cell and slip out.
I sat in the corner huddled with my arms around me. Why was it so cold? I was literally in California at least I was a few days ago? To be honest I had no clue where I was now. And I was without weapons as they'd confiscated my dagger as well. I also had no clue where my team was. I prayed to Hermes that Babs got my message. After Percy called I had my doubts though. He told me he didn't get any response only static so it was safe to assume that's all I got, I was on my own.
That was another thing. Cass and Percy were coming. And Shiva would be here. The "battle to the death" Cass owed Shiva was still pending and I worried if she came, it would happen. Did I trust Cassandra's ability? Of course but this was Shiva it wasn't just some random assassin. Lady shiva was one of if not the most accomplished assassin in the league. And she wouldn't bat an eye at killing someone, not even her daughter.
Cass couldn't come but...there was no way she'd stay back and I knew it.
I twisted the ring on my necklace and laid my head back, the cold concrete sent a chill down my back. I closed my eyes and soon drifted to sleep.

Of course I had a dream. And not a very good one. I was back on top of Mount Tam, holding the sky. My hands were sweaty and aching under the weight of it. My muscles screamed for a break and every part of my body was on fire. I tried to call out for help but I barely had enough strength to breath. It was like my breathing was on manual. Then from the shadows of the trees around me someone began laughing. I heard them taunt me in Greek and then they followed it by English "Little wise girl too weak to hold on"
The voice was raspy and sounded like metal on metal, it turned my insides to jelly. Which was impressive considering how I felt holding up the sky.
The voice radiated importance, power. Everything seemed to slow down and I knew it was Kronos who spoke. Then from Kronos broke into a voice I recognized even quicker and one that caught my breath in my throat. He was desperate and pleading
"I'm sorry Annabeth" he said "I'm so sorry."
It was Luke. I thought of the way he'd saved me on Mount Tam last time. Atlas would've killed me, thrown me off the side of the cliff but Luke had said "she might still be useful."
Still be useful? My hands curled into fists as the sky began to push me down closer to the ground.
"If you would've come with me" Luke continued "we would be safe we wouldn't have to worry about any of this."
I was forced even flatter to the ground straining under the weight of what should've been Atlas's burden.
"It's all your fault" Luke stepped from the shadows only he didn't look like Luke. He looked like a shell. His face was pale, even paler than the last times I'd seen him if that was possible. His hair looked more white than blonde now and his eyes were gold. His scar seemed to ripple on his face. And then he smiled "I'll see you soon Annie"

I woke up to loud footsteps echoing outside of my door and frowned. My neck was stiff from the way it'd been positioned when I fell asleep. I stretched as best I could given the room I'd had. Frowning at the door I called out
"Shiva? Is that you again?"
In answer I heard a clink of what sounded like keys and then much to my surprise I heard the sound of a lock turning.
Scrambling to my feet I shoved my cap into my pocket and stood waiting. The door slowly opened and light seeped in and I finally saw the world around me. I was right about the wear house I seemed to be in the middle of one. All around me were storage units and I could've sworn I caught the smell of the ocean. That reminded me of Percy. It was good news if we were by the ocean as well. Percy would have an advantage. And La'gaan if he was near. Suddenly it dawned on me I had no clue where the rest of my team was.
"Where is my team?" I demanded of the masked assassin who was holding my door open. "If they're hurt I swear on the river is Styx I'll-"
"They're fine" I craned my neck up to find the speaker and perched on top of my cell was Shiva.
"In case you tried anything" she said by way of explanation.
I glanced around to the two assassins who stood on the ground in front of me and rolled my eyes "yeah cause you need three people to take a teenage girl."
Shiva hopped down lightly and as she landed she gripped my arm and pulled me out into the wear house completely.
I looked in every direction but my only exit was straight ahead. Surrounding me on every side were shipping containers, and my friends were nowhere in sight. I assumed that Megan and La'gaan would be kept somewhere are far from water as possible, likely being held with fire. And I hoped together it would make it easier for when I broke us out. I had no clue where Jaime and Raquel would be. Maybe in one of the shipping containers?
"Are you going to make me search all of these or just tell me which my friends are in?" I asked doing my best to channel my inner Percy and annoy them until I got an answer.
Neither the masked assassins at my side nor Shiva at my back said anything. And I sighed "okay will you at least tell me where we're going?"
"There's someone who wants to see you" Shiva answered
"Well unless it's one of my team I'm not interested in seeing them." I frowned, considering that the assassins were leading me my best guess would be Ra's and he was the last person I wanted to see. Or so I thought.
The assassin to the right of me stepped forward to open the door. They produced a key and swiftly unlocked it.
"Going old fashioned" I commented
"Harder to hack" Shiva was in a talkative mood
I grinned back at her "Easier to pick"
She flashed a grin herself "yes you and what tools."
"You know that Oracle has probably sent Robin or Nightwing to come get us" I said though we both knew Oracle didn't have any contact with us. I wonder what system they'd used to jam Barbara's radio. It would've had to be high tech especially if Babs was still offline.
"Yes of course" Shivas voice dripped with sarcasm
The assassins lead me through another set of large doors after leading me through a hallway of plain white walls we exited into what seemed to be an office space. Something about this room made my hairs stand on end. I tensed and the assassins stepped closer noticing my movement.
"Something is wrong" I murmured, mostly to myself.
"Where are we?"
No one answered though shiva did shove me forward a bit. I studied the area around me as we passed. Cubicles lined one side of the room. There were only four and all of them seemed to be unoccupied.
My uneasiness got worse as we stopped in front of a door. There was a plaque on the side that I couldn't read through my anxiety and the fact shiva rushed me through. It looked like a puddle of words as we passed.
When we entered I realized why I'd been so jumpy. It had been instinct, something in my gut trying to warn me.
The room was set similar to the conference room we'd been stuck in days ago. Or maybe it was hours? I still had no clue how long I'd been stuck. Lex Luthor sat on a chair facing the door and he grinned when I walked in. He wasn't the problem however the problem was the figure standing right next to the door.
"Nakamura" I breathed with a glare.
"So you know our guest." Luthor's smile widened
Ethan's good eye widened in surprise to see me. I did my best not to show any surprise at seeing him but my mind was racing. If Ethan was here then that meant....
Ethan turned his head to face the wall so his eyepatch was closer to me. Good he wouldn't see it coming if I decided to attack. Not that I found that smart. Unfortunately on the other side of the door was a reptilian monster who's eyes seemed to not miss a thing. An attack wasn't smart, I knew that especially not with Luke...no Kronos. His chair turned to face me only a few feet away. Just like in my dream his hair and face were pale and his scar shimmered. My insides went cold as I looked at my friend who didn't seem like my friend at all. Except his eyes. He was Luke. Or Luke was on the surface right now.
"Annabeth."
"Go to Tartarus" I followed that by nearly every derogatory word I knew in English and Greek.