23. Percy

As we gathered in the cave to hear Annabeth's plan all I could think was how insanely brilliant she was.
I sat, leaning against the main computer and facing my friend as she stood explaining what she saw, and how she got the files. Five days had passed since the bombing of Gotham and every day had been full of cleaning up the messes, Batman and Bruce Wayne had to make appearances and by now all of us were spent. But all of us were still here, something that seemed to be a miracle to me.
Annabeth was still bruised, sporting a black eye and plenty of cuts and more bruises all up her legs, arms, and face. Tim and I tried to convince her to take ambrosia and nectar but, as stubborn as ever, she'd wanted to heal the mortal way. When Cass came back similarly injured and with a dislocated shoulder I think it became less of a stubbornness and more of a solidarity thing with Cassandra. Bruce seemed to be faring the best of our group that had run ins with the assassins and considering he was held by them for weeks, I was surprised. He had plenty of cuts and bruises like Annabeth but more of his torture seemed to come from lack of food and water than physical harm.
"Ra's is no fool, he learns his opponents well. He knew how Annabeth and I would react to everything he threw at us." Bruce told me when I asked him why Annabeth refused to take the godly food. The two were more alive than they wanted to believe. "He knew I could bear physical pain."
"And Annabeth couldn't?" I defended my friend
"She could. Look at her Percy she's doing great." Bruce said "But I think what they did goes much deeper than bruising."
Now we gathered, Batfamily together again. Cass stood behind Annabeth and as far as I could tell had barely let her out of her sight. I'd heard them talking, recounting their stories to each other. Annabeth's capture and torture. Cass's battle with Shiva that she still hasn't given us details off. The way the three girls look at each other though, I suspected Barbara knew.
Turns out Barbara not connecting while we were across the country was because she'd be abducted by Blockbuster who'd been holding a grudge for apparently months. Dick had found her and freed her while Jason went to Canada to follow the tip. She'd gotten back online just in time to help coordinate the rescue efforts in the fallout of the bombings.
Bruce looked skeptical "And how did you get this?"
"Well Cass got it." Annabeth offered "and then Barbara and I unencrypted the data and I set the meeting with Luthor."
I whistled, more than impressed "And you think it will work?"
Annabeth looked at me, a smile pulling at her lips "Do I think a billionaire like Lex will want to save face? Yes I do."
"And what about the assassins?" Bruce asked
"Well their best fighter is out." Annabeth said looking pointedly at Cass "and I think Ra's fear of losing is bigger than his need to win."
"We're going to threaten him." I knew this part of the plan. I tossed Riptide in the pen form up and caught the weapon again "Tim is getting us a little backup as we speak."
"And what about this Luke guy you and Percy keep arguing about?" Jason asked "I love some good drama, and don't get me wrong considering the walls are thin arguing is better than-"
"Do not finish that sentence." Barbara groaned
Jason sighed "Just making an observation."
"The Luke guy." I said "Won't be a problem for you if he doesn't have is allies, at least not yet."
"What's that supposed to mean?" Jason frowned
"It means don't worry about it Todd." Annabeth said
"Well." Bruce cleared his throat "Annabeth, I'd love to be there when you confront Luthor. Maybe give a little added pressure?"
Annabeth smiled "I was hoping you would say that."

I was leading the half-blood group to the assassins. We'd decided to go with intimidation over all. So with me I had Charles Beckendorf son of Hephaestus, Tim who was there more to orchestrate than intimidate, Conner Stoll considering he was taller than his brother, and equally scary Clarisse (who I had to convince to come by taking her cabins dish and stable duty's.) and my half brother, Tyson the Cyclopes. Between the Cyclopes and Clarisse I knew stealth wasn't an option so instead I went right up to the house Barbara had marked and knocked on the door.
"Housekeeping!" I called in a falsetto earning myself a snicker from the son of Hermes and an eye roll from everyone else.
To my surprise the door opened almost right away, and even more to my surprise it was Talia Al Ghul. She looked extremely unamused and to my dismay unsurprised it was me.
"What do you want Bird?"
"There is no winning with you is there?" I asked
"What do you want?"
Tim shoved me aside "we need to talk with Ra's."
Talia laughed "oh talk I'm sure. With this entourage?"
"Yes." I said "And seeing as it does involve family, I'm sure he'd want to hear what we have to say."
Talia looked me up and down. I was in a blue tee and jeans, no sign of my gloves and even riptide wasn't visible, just a pen in my pocket at the moment. Behind me my friends were in their usual camp tees, aside from Clarisse who wore an army jacket.
The woman sighed "Very well. But don't make too much of a ruckus, the baby is sleeping."
I coughed, forgetting that Talia had a child. "Oh right. I'm sure he's just a joy."
"Bundle of it." She shot me a look
"How did you uh...get a baby anyway?" I asked "You don't seem like the uh motherly type."
Talia waved her hand "Enough questions. I'm not in the mood for dealing with your chatter."
"Oh I should've known." I sighed, hand slipping into my pocket "I forget you're a sore loser and after all you went through with Annabeth. And then Cassie taking out Sh-"
As quick as a viper the woman turned, knife in hand conjuring from seemingly nowhere but I was ready. I could tell the assassin was at her end. She had had a rather tough week I guess, and having a baby screaming at all times of day couldn't have helped. I assume the kid would scream at least. With her as a mother I would've been miserable. Even my absentee father seemed a better fate than that. So, when she turned and jabbed forward with her weapon u had riptide out in a second, catching her blade with my own. "Shhh. The baby is sleeping...remember?" I grinned. Talia Al Ghul could out match me in hand to hand combat no doubt, but swordplay was my arena. I almost wanted her to attack me. After what she'd done to Annabeth the thought of getting payback was very tempting.
"You're a fool Wayne." She hissed
"Jackson." I corrected. Wayne was reserved for formalities. "And you're out numbered. So maybe leading us to daddy would be a great idea."