16. Annabeth

Either it was decided I wasn't a threat or someone felt bad for me because soon after I was moved from my concrete prison into an empty office. The walls were empty and plain white and no furniture was found in the office. The office it's self was placed closely to the conference room I'd met my captors in earlier that day. Just two doors down. High up on the wall was a small window that let in some light. I sat for nearly an hour staring at it trying to figure out how to get out through there. The bare walls and the fact that the small ledge of the window gave me barely enough room to get grip would make it hard to climb up. And just to add to that I wasn't sure if the window was even big enough for me to fit through.
Opposite of the window was a camera pointed directly at it, no doubt in case I did try that rout of escape.
My only other way out would be the door which was probably being guarded, and I had no weapons. And no way of knowing if my foe was mythical or mortal.
"Think Annabeth" I muttered racking my brain for any idea.
I could always try the window at if nothing else get a small idea of my surroundings.
I could use the old "have to use the bathroom" trick then put my hat on and slip away.
I studied the ceiling realizing it was the same white panels I'd climbed up into a few days previous. If I could get up there I could slip away and either get out or set an ambush to get a weapon.
The problem was all of them depended on more than just me. There were too many factors like getting to the window or ceiling, or the fact if they'd let me get into a bathroom they'd secure it somehow. I could take nearly any halfblood in a fight but Shiva? That was questionable. Maybe with a surprise attack I could.
I paced back and forth in the room attempting to form a plan and whispering all sorts of prayers to all the gods. I doubted any of them were heard, they hardly ever were before Kronos was back, now I doubted a mortal was any worry, even one that was family. Still I tried.
Finally I got sick of the pacing and praying. I needed a plan of action or I was going to go crazy! I could at least try the window. If I could get a grip on it that would open a few doors of action.
The only problem was the camera if someone was watching it they'd see my attempt which meant even if I got into the ceiling or out the window they'd know where I went and if I got stuck in the ceiling they'd probably shoot until they hit me. I was not in the mood to get shot again. It had been three years but the pain was still fresh in my mind.
Making my way over to the window I looked up to it. The window was probably about five feet above my head which would mean I'd need a little bit of a run to reach it.
I took four steps back judging the height and how far my arms would reach. With one glance back to the camera I launched forward. I took three strides before launching off my left leg and snatching at the small ledge. My fingers barely brushed the ledge but I couldn't keep my grip and fell back to the ground.
I landed in a crouch and remained there while I looked back at the ledge. I had plenty of height and speed to grab it, there just wasn't enough purchase to hang on. Maybe I could make my way up using the corner of the room, where the walls met. That would get me within a few feet two feet of the window. From there my grip might be easier to maintain.
I took a step back from the corner and gathered myself into a jump, using my arms to propel me up.
I kicked off one side to the other before wedging my feet across from each other. For a second I slid down a few inches. For a second I thought I'd lose grip completely but then I slid to a stop.
I blew out a sigh and then looked to the window ledge. I studied it for a second before deciding I could stay up here forever. Shifting most my weight onto my right leg I bent and kicked my legs reaching for the ledge. I went further than I planned on and nearly lost my grip, but this time I managed to hold on. I dangled for a second before pulling myself up and looking out the window.
I cursed when I saw what I was looking at. The window didn't give me a view of the outside, only of another warehouse. The light that the window had let in was artificial light from the large dome lights that hung from the large room in front of me. It was similar to the one I had been held in until today, with storage containers and crates all around.
I heard a jingle at the door probably the sound of keys. I dropped down lightly from the window and let myself fall into a sitting position under it right as the door emitted two of the masked assassins.
"What are you doing?" One demanded
I didn't bother answering, obviously they could see I was sitting and I assumed the camera caught my look out the window. So I decided the wall across from me was a good place to look.
He stepped closer to me. "What are you doing"
"Sitting" I answered "I thought that was obvious"
"Try anything and we have permission to shoot" he snapped
I glanced to him now and noticed a handgun in the holster at his side "with that? I've been shot by worse."
Truth be told I assumed this gun was the same as the one I'd been shot with and it hurt plenty. I doubted a shot from a few feet closer would hurt left.
"Shot by worse?" He asked flipping the gun out and pointing it at me "let's see how much worse."
I could hear the small click as he pushed the safety off. Still I watched him before flicking my gaze back to the wall "you're awfully talkative for an assassin."
"You're awfully smart for a little girl."
I narrowed my eyes. Something about the way he said 'little girl' was recognizable. I racked my brain for a face or a name or anything to recognize this man. Before I could I felt an explosive pain in my side as the man kicked me. I gasped and cursed more myself for not being prepared for it.
"Take that as a warning" he snapped before nodding to his companion and slinking out the door.
The second they were gone I straightened up and stood again shaking off the kick. I looked up to the camera then back to the door before going back to my pacing.