1. Percy

I fiddled with Riptide as I waited for this neverending party to end.
"Stop fiddling" Dick whispered
I jumped and turned "Don't scare me like that!"
"Sorry" He grinned and brushed his hair back
"Why are you late?" I asked withdrawing my hand from the pocket of my tux that help Riptide.
"Traffic" He answered grabbing a cup of Champagne from a waiter. "Where's Bruce and Cass?"
"Cass is downtown, we got a tip a jewelery store was gonna be robbed" I answered "Bruce is off talking to-"
"Selina Kyle" Dick finished
"Yeah how'd you know?"
He pointed through the crowd of well dressed party guests to a table near the glittering stage. I saw Bruce, champagne in hand, talking to the shorthaired, green eyed woman.
I sighed "Not enough he's out with her ninety percent of the time now the party too"
"Well if it isn't the Wayne boys!" I felt a hand clap my shoulder.
Dick winced "Jean-Paul Valley. Good to see you"
"You too Richard!"
"Call me Dick"
Jean-Paul chuckled "hello Percy"
"Hi" I said as he withdrew his hand from my shoulder
"That's new" Jean-Paul gestured to my head
"What?" I asked
"The white" He said "got bored one day and decided to dye it?"
"Oh yeah" I said remembering the white spot in my hair from last winter when I held up the sky.
"Dope" He winced "is that what the kids are saying these days?"
"Sure" I laughed
"Well good seeing you two" Jean-Paul took a step back
"See you soon Jean-Paul" Dick waved as he walked off
"Yeah bye" Mr. Valley answered absent mindedly
I watched him go for a second "He's...something else"
"Yeah he is" Dick responded frowning after him
"C'mon let's let Bruce know you're here. He was having a fit when you didn't get here on time" I said
"Okay"
We began to weave our way through the many guests and it only took a second for Bruce to spot us. His blue eyes glittered as a brief sign of relief once he spotted us.
"Percy, Dick!" Bruce ushered us forward and gripped Dicks shoulder
"Sorry I was late" he apologized "traffic"
"That's alright, no harm done" Bruce gestured to the woman beside him "You know Selina Kyle?"
"Yeah" Dick responded offering a handshake "We met a little while ago, nice to see you again Ms. Kyle"
"Likewise"
"And this" He gestured to the man on his other side "is Mr. Dare"
I studied the man in front of me. He was tall, like his daughter, Rachel Elizabeth Dare. He also had the same red hair and green eyes.
"Good to meet you two" He said "Perseus right?"
"Just Percy" I answered
"Yes I believe you met my daughter last summer? Rachel? she mentioned you"
"Oh yeah of course." I stammered Rachel had mentioned me? My face heated and I knew it was red "R-Rachel is great"
"Smooth" Annabeth laughed in my ear from the com.
"Nice of you to join" I hissed "Barbara said you'd be on an hour ago!"
"Sorry" She answered "Camp has bad connection."
"How's everything going there?"
"I'll tell you later" She answered
I turned back to the conversation ahead of me and stifled a yawn.
"You don't happen to have any hits that could get me out of here do you" I asked Annabeth
"None. It's a quiet night" She answered
"Does Cass need help?" I asked
"Cass? Needing help for a few bank thieves?" Annabeth asked "Not likely."
I sighed
"You'll be fine seaweed brain"
"Fine" I grumbled before the line disconnected.

The night ended with a quiet patrol and I dreaded the next few days as it was the last days of summer and school would be starting again. On the bright side Cass would still be coming to school, Annabeth would be getting back from camp, and Dick would be staying with us for a week or so.
When my alarm went off, like every other morning, I rolled out of bed and stumbled around my room trying to wake up and not really succeeding until I pulled on a T-shirt and shorts to start the day out with a run.
"Slower than usual" Dick remarked as I sat down at the table
"You were timing me?" I asked
"Gotta see if you can break my record" He shrugged
"What is your record?" I asked "For say a mile"
"You'll know when you beat it" he answered
Without looking up from the papers in his hands Bruce said "Four fifty six"
"Ha!" I said "I got four forty two just the other day!"
"You don't have any proof" Dick said "Anyway why were you so slow today?"
"Just excited"
"For Annabeth to get back?" He teased
"No!" I answered, blushing
"Yes he is" Cass pitched in
"No I'm not!" I said "...Okay fine maybe I am a little"
Dick's blue eyes glinted teasingly and he was about to say something when Bruce cut him off.
"You two need to get things for school before you go to see her" He still wasn't looking up.
Cass very excitedly agreed at the same time I groaned
"Can't we wait till she gets here and then she can come?" I asked "Maybe that way it'll be bearable."
"That depends on what time-"
"One fifteen" Cass cut him off. She was more excited than I was to see Annabeth.
"And who's going to-"
"Her dad is going to get her from the bus station and then an hour later we're picking her up from his house" Dick finished Bruce glanced at him "Barbara wouldn't let me forget!" he said this kind of defensively
"Am I the only one not bursting to see her?" Bruce mumbled
"As I recall Master Bruce" Alfred cut it "Just yesterday in the cave you said 'I can't wait for Annabeth to get back so I'm not the only sane person here'"
Bruce covered his embarrassment in his papers as we snickered.
"Fine" Bruce grumbled "You can wait for Annabeth"

Cass was the first to the door and knocked on the small rental house Annabeth's dad was living in.
"Matthew don't-" I heard a shout as one of her mortal brothers answered the door, Annabeth just behind.
"Annabeth!" Cass threw herself at the blonde haired girl, who was still in an orange camp T-shirt.
Annabeth smiled brightly and for a second her stormy eyes seemed to clear and weren't so intimidating.
"Okay Cass" Barbara laughed "My turn"
She wheeled her chair forward and pushed up a little bit to hug Annabeth who then turned to Dick and offered him a small hug before turning to me and hugging me.
"I missed you guys" She said "Anyways any tips on the missing Heroes?"
"Wow you're straight to business" Dick whistled
"Well I mean I've been thinking a lot about it and the only logical explanation is that the League of Assassins is taking them" Annabeth continued "But-"
"Maybe we shouldn't talk about this in the doorway of your house" Barbara suggested
"Okay fair point" Annabeth stepped outside and closed the door "So we should go to the cave or Oracle tower-"
"Or we could do something fun first" Dick chimed in
"Or...that too" Annabeth shrugged
"C'mon Wise Girl it looks like you could use a break" I said
"Fine" She relented "Let's go. But then I have some stuff to show you"
I caught myself staring at her as we walked towards the car and blinked before quickly looking the other way before anyone could see. Or at least I hoped no one saw.

Downtown Gotham would've been beautiful if it weren't for the trash on the street, graffiti on the walls, and criminals around every corner. Honestly though during the day it wasn't to bad but as soon as darkness hit it was terrible.
I sat perched on a worn down McDonald's watching for any signs of trouble bellow. So far the night had been quiet. That what worried me the past three nights had bee quiet.
"Oracle" I said "Do you think Batman would mind if I went down and got a Big Mac?"
"Yes" Babs said "I think he would-"
"Or fries?" Dick chimed in
"Both" Cass agreed
"You guys are rediculous" Annabeth muttered "Bring me some fries!"
I stifled a laugh
"Robin if you even think about going down there..." Bruce didn't finish his threat and let it hang in the air.
"What do you want in on the order?" Dick asked
Bruce didn't respond fed up with our antics. I sighed and turned back to the street watching, waiting. A minute later Barbara chimed back in.
"I lost my tracker on Batman!" She said
I frowned "Is he trying to mess with us?"
"Batman? Mess with us on patrol....or in general?" Annabeth said "Unlikely"
"I agree with Annabeth" Dick said
"Who was closest to his lookout?"
"I am" I said "He's just across on eight hundred..."
I jumped across to the next roof over, getting closer until I finally got to where Babs said his tracker went out. The rooftop was empty and quiet. A small breeze ruffled my hair and my cape around me.
"No signs of struggle" I reported crouching down and flipping on a flashlight. "I found the tracker...or what's left of it"
I picked up the mess of broken plastic, metal, and wires.
"Oracle..." I mumbled "make the list of missing persons longer. Batman is gone"
_______________________________________
Thanks for reading sorry this chapter was late and short but let me know what you think!