5. Percy

"Babs" I said gripping the back of her chair "I recognize that handwriting"
"I know" She murmured "From the train"
Back during my first quest Annabeth, Grover, and I had ridden a train from St Louis to Denver. On the train was Barbara and while we were there someone highjacked it with a bomb (Which turned out to not be a bomb at all) Inside was a paper: I look forward to seeing more of you and the kid. The handwriting was the same as the handwriting on the note Dick found.
Dick, Cass, Jason, and Annabeth all got back around two hours later. No one was seriously hurt with just minor scrapes and bruises.
"Jason let me see your helmet" Tim said
"Why?" Jason asked suspiciously
"Probably so he can get Hatter's tech out so you can wear it again, Todd" Annabeth said deactivating her suit and removing the gloves.
"Is your sword salvageable Annabeth?" Barbara asked
"Doubt it" I answered for her grabbing the sword from the belt Annabeth had discarded near the keyboard of the computer and holding it up.
The crosspiece of her sword was completely torn off and sent out the occasional spark.
"Sorry about that" Jason said
Annabeth shrugged and grabbed her bronze dagger from the belt beside it before sheathing it at her left side.
While on patrol or in our suits Annabeth and I would keep our respective Half-blood weapons on our belt, along with everything else.
We had never figured out how to work the belts with the gloves so we had to carry them with us but they were easy enough to fold up. So when we activated our suits the only weapons we had built in were Kevlar, two smoke bombs, and a couple, extremely light weight Batarangs.
Don't ask me how it worked, I dont know myself.
"It's definitely Hatter" Babs said looking at the blueprints Annabeth had gotten "These are the same as every other one we've found. Do you guys have that hat you saved?"
"Um" Annabeth grabbed a blue cloth baseball hat from her belt "Yeah here"
She handed it to Barbara but the logo on the front caught my eye.
"Um... Annabeth?" I asked
"What?" She asked
"Did you see..." I frowned not sure if I was right or not. "Barbara can I see that?"
"I guess" Babs handed me the hat.
I couldn't read the words on it because, like always my dyslexia was acting up but I knew what it said even before Jason translated
"Waterland" He said "Denver Colorado"
Annabeth looked at me. This had to be some sort of crazy coincidence...right?
Back on our first quest (Wow this day was really taking me back) Ares, the god of war, had asked us for a favor to get his shield from the Thrill Ride O' Love in the abandoned water park, Waterland in Denver.
"You two okay?" Cass asked
"Percy" Annabeth said ignoring Cass's question
"It has to be a coincidence" I said "It has to be"
Annabeth nodded but I could tell she was having the same thought I was: If this person, or persons who set that house up knew about our quest...and our identities...they had to be God or Titan of some sort. No mortal could know about that.
No I decided it was definitely a coincidence.
"What's a coincidence?" Dick asked "Are you two okay?"
"Uh nothing" Annabeth said at the same time I said: "We're fine"
We must've said it too quickly because the four other gave us sceptical looks.
"Here's the hat" I murmured handing it to Barbara. As I did she caught my wrist and pulled me closer so she could ask "This doesn't have anything to do with Denver three years ago...right?"
I didn't know what to say and when I didn't answer she nodded as if that confirmed it "And I guessing that means it has something to do with the...er....your dad?"
This time I shrugged "Let's hope not"
Babs turned back to the computer and typed some stuff in before folding the Waterland hat inside out.
"Jason" Dick said "On the message you sent us you said you found them. Who-"
"Whoa what?" Jason asked "I never sent you guys a message."
"Then why were you at that house?" I asked
"You guys sent me a message" He said "It was Chase. She said to get there as quick as possible. Something about being attacked"
"By who?" Annabeth asked
Jason shrugged "All I know is I get a call from you, around Seven telling me you guys were stuck and had been attacked. I left as soon as possible"
"Someone set us up" Annabeth said "And I'm willing to bet that they're the same people who took Bruce"
"Whoa, time out" Jason said "Bruce is missing?"
We all nodded "He was taken about a week ago" I said
"By who?"
"That's what we've been trying to figure out" Annabeth said
"Well it seems like we might find some answers in Denver" Tim said tossing Jason his helmet who excitedly put it on.
"Thanks Kid"
"Who wants to head to a water park?" Dick asked
"Um just stay aways from the Thrill Ride O' Love" I suggested
"Why?" Dick asked
"Just trust him" Annabeth said
"Ohh you guys have been?" Jason asked bumping me in the shoulder.
My face heated up and I was sure it was beet red, one glance at Annabeth told me she was the same.
"Shut up Jason" I said
"Alright" He mumbled
"Who are we taking to Denver?" Dick asked
"Same group as before?" Barbara asked "Jason can tag along"
"I never get to do anything fun" I grumbled
"You can't fly" Annabeth reminded me "Besides someone has to keep an eye on stuff here"
I sighed "I know"
"I can help you Percy" Tim piped up
"No" Dick and Barbara said at the same time
"I never get to do anything fun" Tim echoed me

I sat perched on the Gotham City Town Hall watching like a hawk for any criminal activity. There had already been a few robberies, two muggers, and someone called in an anonymous tip the the GCPD about a drug deal. Small scale and it wasn't hard to take out the guys involved.
"Hey we have something!" Tim said in my ear.
"Where?" I asked
"A silent alarm was just tripped in Franklin's manufacture. Small chemical transport business" He answered "I'll try to get into the security cameras."
"Okay" I said "Address?"
"Just dropped a ping" Tim said
I looked to the small light up screen on my left wrist to see a little red dot flashing.
"Alright I'll be there in five minutes" I said.
I ran to the back of the building hooked my grapple to one spot before lowering myself down as quickly as possible. I landed silently and slipped down an alleyway to my bike waiting there. The engine came to life smoothly and I bolted off.
"Look out for cops" Tim said "And Oracle said to remind you it's still a school night"
"I know" I mumbled turning down a barely lit street.
It was definitely a street with local businesses and on the corner, the biggest building, with a factory pipe in the back a large sign probably read: 'Franklin's Chemical Transport'
But the letters swam around like they always did.
"That's the place" Tim said
"Alright be ready on back up" I said
"You got it" he said "I have a visual. Not good but I see only one person"
"Easy enough" I murmured as I finished picking the lock and the door swung open.
"Wait Robin I lost visual" Tim said
"Connect to my feed" I whispered
I slipped down the hall past some offices and found myself on a balcony overlooking a factory floor. Rows of machines lined the floor but the room was dark and none of them were running.
"Police are on the way. Our thief is probably gonna be making their way out-" Tim started
"Got him" I said as a figure darted from the back. They agilely lept from a room in the back and launched into the air. I realized they had a grapple of some sort.
"They got in here somewhere" I muttered scanning the roof. There. A plate in the roof was slid to the side.
"If your trying not to get caught" I called grappling towards them "I wouldn't try anything in Gotham"
I swung straight into them and kicked as hard as I could.
"Sending a boy to do the dirty work?" They asked as both of us tumbled onto the balcony that ran around the whole floor. I finally got a good look at them. I realized it was a woman. She wore all black, not too different than Bruce but instead of a cowl with long points like Bruce wore she had shorter ones. Like cat ears. In facts I realized her whole costume was made to resemble a cat. Right down to the sharp points on her gloves like claws that were coming right for my face.
"A cat burgler dress as a cat" I laughed as I blocked her swing "wow getting original"
She snarled and jumped at me again, claws out. I dove to the side and launched a kick at her side. She scrambled back to avoid it.
"So where'd you get the fancy gadgets?" I asked
"I borrowed them" The woman said with a small grin. We both stood studying each other about ten feet away.
"You stole them" I corrected "you new in town? Haven't seen you before"
"Not new" She answered "just good at not getting caught."
"Well evidently not" I said "or I wouldn't be here"
"Oh I guess that's not the best way to put it" She said "I'm just good at taking care of witnesses"
"Somehow I doubt that" I've seen plenty of killers but something about the thief didn't scream murder.
I tapped my fingers closed and my bar flew to my hand.
Before I could swing it though something wrapped around it and yanked it from my grip, sending it falling to the ground fifteen feet below.
"What was-" Before I could comprehend what was happening something black and sharp wrapped around my leg, cutting into my ankle. I cursed in Greek as it tugged my leg from under me, sending me to the ground.
"Bye Boy Wonder" The cat called as she kicked my grapple down the ground and launched herself into the air.
I sat up rubbing my ankle, watching her go.
"You got it Tim?" I whispered
"Yeah. Good work Robin" He answered
"We should really get you a code name" I said
"But you can't come up with it" Tim said "knowing you it'll be like... computer boy or something"
"Fair" I said "let's leave the names to Nightwing"
"Are you gonna follow her or what?" Tim asked
"Yeah, that's the plan at least"
"Hurry then"

"Are you sure this is where she went?" I asked as I followed the coordinates Tim sent me. I had crossed all the way to the other side of town.
"Yeah" Tim answered
I frowned and turned my bike down a small one way road. It was dark down here and smelt terrible.
"Dead end" I muttered pulling the bike to a stop.
"That doesn't make sense" Tim said "Are there any apartments near by?"
I frowned and looked around. There were only businesses on either side of me. No windows or fire escapes or anything.
"No"
"Thats-"
"I found it" I muttered picking up the bug I had placed on the Cat Woman from earlier. I looked around again. The walls were lined with graffiti but one stood out now that I saw them in the headlights. The paint was still dripping down: 'Nice try kid'
_______________________________________
Thanks for reading let me know what you think and send me any suggestions.