two

─── ˚* ੈ✩‧₊☽₊‧✩ ੈ*˚ ───

"Okay... I think that's enough for today." Yoongi said whilst clicking the save button and renaming the file.

"Good work hyung." Jungkook said as he dusted off his trousers and stood up.

They had spent majority of the time in the studio working on an OST for an upcoming webtoon that was set to be released in a couple of months, whilst the rest of the time had been dedicated to Yoongi teaching Jungkook more about the mixing process.

It had been a long but productive few hours and Jungkook was more than ready to go home and yet again wallow in his misery. Yoongi, however, had other plans.

"You're not doing anything after this are you?"

He continued speaking before Jungkook could respond, "Come round to mine for dinner, I'll cook for you."

Jungkook wasn't too keen on the invite. He wasn't sure that he was ready for more human interaction, especially when the humans involved were newlyweds who hadn't quite left the honeymoon phase.

"Oh no it's fine! I couldn't possibly impose on you and Asa noona!" He said as he tried to move towards the door.

"She's not in the country at the moment, so don't worry about that." Came Yoongi's swift rebuttal with a wave of his hand.

Jungkook wracked his brain for another excuse, "I need to shower."

"You can shower at my place, I don't mind."

Yoongi was adamant about getting Jungkook to come over.

The label had relaxed their schedules following the completion of the tour, and now that everyone had moved to their separate abodes, it had become increasingly harder to catch sight of the youngest member.

When the idea for the OST had first been presented to him, Yoongi had initially been eager to accept, primarily to expand his production repertoire. He was torn between which member to work with as they each had their own unique vocal colours, but seeing Jungkook in front of him made him glad that he'd been the final choice.

Though he smiled, his face was noticeably thinner, his eyes were permanently downcast and his behaviour the past few weeks was completely out of character. Getting him to come in for sessions had been an uphill battle with Jungkook either rocking up late or not even bothering to turn up at all. It was unlikely that Yoongi would have noticed something was up as quickly as he had with their changed schedules, if not for this project.

Yoongi had been stern with him on the phone, but more than anything; he was worried.

They all were actually.

Namjoon, Jin, Taehyung, Hobi and Jimin were all equally concerned for their maknae's wellbeing. But as much as they worried, they knew that they couldn't force Jungkook to open up, especially when he was avoiding them to evade suspicion. He was introverted by nature, and they figured he'd come to them when he was ready.

But as a fellow introvert, Yoongi knew that sometimes you needed that first little push to get there.

Yoongi knew that it probably wouldn't change much, but at least he could rest slightly easier knowing that Jungkook was eating proper food. If he was lucky, he might even get some insight into his current wellbeing.

And so, on this particular occasion, Yoongi wouldn't be taking no for an answer. Luckily for him though, it seemed like Jungkook was seeming less reluctant about coming over.

Jungkook had debated with himself for a little while in his head. He supposed one meal couldn't hurt and he did miss having home-cooked food. He ultimately decided that he'd stay and eat, and then go back to his apartment immediately after.