five

─── ˚* ੈ✩‧₊☽₊‧✩ ੈ*˚ ───

"Hyung don't forget I have to go do a live later." Jungkook reminded Seokjin for the umpteenth time.

He'd been minding his business when he'd been ambushed at his apartment and kidnapped by Seokjin to eat dinner at his.

"I know I know, just sit down and let me do my thing." Seokjin waved him off with the kitchen knife in his hand.

Jungkook obliged, sitting at the kitchen island and swinging his legs back and forth whilst he watched Seokjin skilfully slice the steak.

"So Jungkook-ah, tell me what you did today." Seokjin asked him as he added oil to the pan.

"Not much." Jungkook shrugged. "Woke up, went to work, came back and now I'm here."

"Okay, what did you do yesterday then?"

Jungkook shrugged again as he began rotating in the seat, "Woke up, went to work, came back, slept."

"How exciting." Jin muttered dryly. "And let me guess, the day before you woke up, went to work, came back and slept too?"

"No!" Jungkook protested with a short laugh, "I also ate dinner at Yoongi hyung's!"

Jin rolled his eyes and pointed his knife at him, "Remind me again of how old you are?"

"24."

"And all you do is go to work, and sleep."

"Don't forget eating!" Jungkook quipped.

Jin shook his head as he added the steak to the pan. "That's just sad. We're supposed to be on a break right now and you're doing the exact same things you were doing before the tour."

Jungkook couldn't argue against that. He might not like him pointing it out, but Seokjin was right.

Each day, he woke up, got ready and either went to the studio to work on new music or filmed promotional content with the other members, then it was back home at the end of the day to sleep.

In between that, he'd occasionally go to Yoongi's or Seokjin's for dinner, and he'd contacted his personal trainer to start their boxing classes back up again so he'd be fit enough when they made their next comeback. He figured that if he occupied himself enough during the day, it left less time for the intrusive thoughts to rear their heads.

Jungkook's life was repetitive and monotone for the most part, but he found that he preferred it that way. It was boring and it could be tiring to spend all day either filming or working in the studio, but it was the favourable option to whatever he had been doing before. At least physically, he felt a lot less shit.

Sometimes though, at night, despite how exhausted he had been during the day, he found it hard to fall asleep, the memories and regrets flooding in and preventing his restful slumber. Asa had told him that on days when she felt overwhelmed, she'd head down to the Han River and just walk along it for some time till her head cleared, and recently, he'd begun doing the same.

The cold autumn air provided a temporary relief from his overcrowded thoughts, and by time he made it back to his apartment, the contrasting warmth from his bed was enough to lull him to sleep.

He'd also been invited by Asa to attend the listening party for her new album, and he'd actually gone much to his own surprise.

It had been a quiet, intimate affair with only her, a few of her industry friends and other members of BTS. The night was fully focused on experiencing the album and Jungkook was once again in awe of the talented people that were around him. It had made him want to work that much harder and longer in the studio so he too could stand amongst all those people and call them his peers and mean it.