eleven

─── ˚* ੈ✩‧₊☽₊‧✩ ੈ*˚ ───

A week passed and then it was the night of the highly anticipated 2022 Grammy Award Nominations.

The members of BTS had worked hard for the past two years and it would be nice to see the results of that hard work come to fruition. They hoped to end the night with at least one nomination for what they had submitted.

In a rare occurrence, all of the them had gathered at their dorm to watch the live broadcast. Though they saw each other pretty much every week for work-related activities, they missed hanging out as seven.

The first venue of choice had been Yoongi's new home, but he told them he wanted to wait until the place was completely done up before he invited them over. Thus, they had decided to meet at the dorm as it was the second best option.

Coming back to the dorm as a group had been a strange experience for them all. It had only been a few months since they had partially moved out, but it felt like ages. A lot of things had changed in their lives in the short while they had been gone, but whilst outside had changed, inside the dorm was like a capsule where time had paused.

A lot of their things were still left all over the place, especially since sometimes after a long night in the studio or long day at work, one or two of them would just crash there instead of going back home.

They had easily flopped into their usual positions on the couches arranged around the TV and the smell of food (snacks and takeaway noodles as they had been too nervous to stomach a full meal) permeated the air providing that same old familiar and nostalgic warmth.

Jungkook was happy to be back, though he couldn't help feeling like something was missing. Or someone.

The pre-show had already begun and it wasn't long before they were holding their breath, waiting for the names to be called out for the Best Pop Duo/Group Performance. It was the category they had been nominated in the year prior, so it was the one they had placed their bets on having the best chance.

"And the nominees are..."

The room collectively held their breath.

"Higher Power by Coldplay. I Get a Kick Out of You by Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett. Kiss Me More by ASH featuring RÆ—

Yoongi let out a loud whoop of excitement, immediately searching for his phone to send a message to Asa. Jungkook was experiencing a similar feeling of pride and was so caught up in deciding whether to find a way to pass on his congratulations that he almost missed their name.

"—and Butter by BTS and RÆ!"

The room erupted in cheers, Namjoon standing up and punching the air jubilantly, whilst Hobi danced around the room and Jin shook Jungkook's shoulder excitedly.

The tension that had filled the room quickly dissipated with the news they'd earned their first nomination. They could relax.

Jimin got up and went to the fridge to pull out the bottles of champagne they'd stored in their earlier. Either way the bottles were going to be consumed, but they were glad that it was a celebratory drink rather than a consolatory one.

Jimin deftly poured them each a glass as they calmed down long enough to hear the next category, one they had also submitted for.

"And the nominees for the Best Pop Vocal Album are..."

"I hate when they do that pause, it's so annoying. Just get to it." Taehyung said with the others murmuring their agreement.

"Sour by Olivia Rodrigo... Happier Than Ever by Billie Eilish... Justice by Justin Bieber—."