twenty-three

─── ˚* ੈ✩‧₊☽₊‧✩ ੈ*˚ ───

"Fuck no." Narae shut the idea down instantly.

"But Narae—" Asa started, but was cut off yet again.

"Not fucking happening." Narae reiterated. "I'm not crazy enough, nor am I high enough to want to spend the evening with my ex-boyfriend and his friends."

"Please Narae, I promise it will be fun." Asa pleaded, to which Narae only scoffed.

"About as fun as a pelvic exam." Narae muttered under her breath before raising her voice so Asa could hear her, "If you want to go that badly, just go without me. I'll be fine by myself."

"But I want you to be there with me." Asa pouted.

Narae cast her eyes to the ceiling, trying to avoid being swayed by Asa's petulant look.

When Narae didn't say anything to interrupt, Asa continued her persuasion, "Today has been such an incredible day and I would love for nothing more than to be able to celebrate with my best friend and husband. I would tell Yoongi to come here, but it also doesn't feel right asking him to leave his band members on today of all days."

"Won't I just be intruding?" Narae tried a different approach.

"You already heard from Yoongi, they probably miss you as much as I know you miss them." Asa pointed out gently. 

Asa wouldn't be suggesting it in the first place if she truly believed that Narae's presence would be unwelcome. From their conversations over the past few weeks, it was clear to Asa that Narae missed the boys.

"I don't know..." Narae could feel her defences gradually dropping.

It honestly didn't take Asa much effort to convince Narae to do anything. It was a song and dance that the two of them were familiar with and Narae could feel herself being persuaded despite her vehement refusal only a couple of minutes back.

"If it really is that uncomfortable for you, let me know and we'll leave immediately, I promise."

The notion of an exit plan made it seem a little more appealing. Asa always stayed true to her word; if Narae was uncomfortable, they'd be out of there within the next few minutes.

"Please Narae. For me?" Asa tried again, batting her eyelashes in a (successful) attempt to be cute.

It was a day of celebration, and Asa rarely ever asked Narae for favours. Perhaps it wouldn't be as bad as she was imagining?

"Ugh, fine, whatever!" Narae threw her hands up in the air in exasperation. "I'll go."

Asa immediately squeezed Narae in a tight hug, "Moon Narae you are the best person to ever exist–"

"Yeah, yeah I've heard it all before – you owe me big time for this by the way." Narae rolled her eyes, though a small smile lifted the corner of her lips.

"Of course! Anything you want, anything you need, anything your soul desires." Asa sang the lyrics to her in a terrible falsetto, making Narae laugh a bit as she extricated herself from Asa's grip.

If Narae was being honest, if she was being truly candid, it wasn't just Asa's begging that had made her decide to go. In truth, if she really hadn't wanted to, the conversation would have been done almost as soon as it started.

But a small part of her- a very tiny, miniscule, minute part - wanted to go.

To see the boys and how they were doing, but more pressingly, to see Jungkook.