twelve

omg a double update 😱😱

─── ˚* ੈ✩‧₊☽₊‧✩ ੈ*˚ ───

"Hi. How are you?" Jungkook asked, managing to get it all out without tripping up. At some point, the music had been turned up and he was sure there was an ongoing group conversation, but for the life of him he couldn't hear much beyond the bass thumping in his chest.

"I'm doing good thanks. How are you?" Narae smiled at him.

Jungkook wasn't expecting to be hit with that lethal attack so soon and he stumbled over his next words, "I-I'm doing good too. How are you?"

He closed his eyes as his face flushed a deep shade of red when he realised his slip up. God, could he be any more embarrassing? Wasn't it just last week that he said that he was done regretting things? Right about now, he was very much regretting ever opening his mouth to speak.

A light giggle startled him out of his self-flagellation, and he opened one eye to see Narae hiding her laughter behind her hand. He wanted to bask in that sound forever, but sadly, all good things must come to an end.

"Had a bit too much to drink I see." She said, tilting her head and raising an eyebrow, giving him an easy way out from his mortification.

He looked at her properly, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly as he let out a short laugh, "Probably yeah, we've been drinking since the very first nomination."

Narae looked at the watch on her wrist and let out a low whistle, "Fuck, that's like over two hours ago now, how aren't you completely wasted?"

Jungkook shrugged, "My tolerance has gone up in the past few months, plus I haven't had that much today."

He wasn't lying. As it turns out, endless nights of depressed drinking were enough to turn him into a heavyweight. But Narae didn't know that. They seemed to be making small talk, keeping things light and casual. He would ruin the mood if he brought up how she had broken his heart which had led to his short-lived era of self-destruction behaviour.

"Well, I guess I should catch up then." Narae said and tilted her glass in his direction. "Cheers."

"Cheers." He mirrored her actions before settling back against the couch. "Congratulations by the way. On your seven nominations." He added as if she wouldn't know what he was referring to. Stupid.

"Thank you. Congratulations to you too." She smiled into her glass and took a sip.

"Thank you." Jungkook babbled on, wanting to keep the conversation going before she inevitably lost interest in him, "I'm sure your parents are proud. My mum couldn't stop crying when I called her earlier."

"Haha... yeah." Narae averted her eyes and shifted uncomfortably, the movement causing her leg to brush up against his momentarily before she moved it away. "Sorry."

"That's okay." Jungkook said, even though his leg burned at the area that they had made contact. He hastily scoured his brain for a new topic of conversation and settled on what he could see. "What are you drinking anyway?"

He leaned closer so he could get a better look at the pink drink before registering their proximity and pulling back with an apology, "Sorry, I didn't mean to get so close."

"It's okay." Narae shifted close enough for their knees to touch and brought the drink up to eye level. "It's rum, pink Moscato, lemonade, juice and frozen berries."

His brows furrowed as she listed the ingredients, "Pink Moscato? I don't think I've ever heard of that before. Is it nice?"

"It's my new favourite. My cousin put me on and now it's all I drink." Narae's voice got animated as her eyes glittered with enthusiasm. Without even seeming to realize what she was doing, she brought her glass to his lips, "Try some. I bet you'll like it."