six

hi 🙈🥺🫶🏾

─── ˚* ੈ✩‧₊☽₊‧✩ ੈ*˚ ───

Jungkook idly swung back and forth on his chair, softly humming along to the music playing through the speakers.

Though the ride over to HYBE had somewhat sobered him up a bit, he was still feeling a slight buzz from the few beers he had consumed earlier at Seokjin's. He wasn't at a level where it would be obvious to viewers of the live that he'd been drinking, but it was enough for Jungkook to push aside what had made him so serious on the drive over, and put on a smile as he chatted with his fans.

He continued humming as he leaned forward, his eyes widening as he concentrated on the comments, looking for the next question to answer.

Jungkook had only been live for about twenty minutes, but millions of people had already joined. It never ceased to amaze him each and every time he saw the number go up. It was crazy to think that so many people were tuned in just to watch him and listen to his words, and he was all the more aware of the weight of what he said.

It was slightly frightening, but Jungkook didn't have the time to stop and dwell on his impact— not when so many eyes were currently on him.

Focusing on the present moment instead, Jungkook searched for a comment to respond to. Majority of them were repetitions of each other— variations of 'borahae' or 'yoongi marry me' or spams of purple hearts, but every so often he'd manage to catch a question or statement in between that he'd be able to say something back to.

" 'Jungkook oppa what's today's TMI?' " He read out loud as he thought of what he could share, "Today's TMI is... I had dinner with Jin hyung before coming here. He made me steak, it was delicious."

He scanned the comments again, seeing that the admission had made the section fill up even quicker. ARMY always seemed to love it when one of them mentioned that they hung out together. Especially now that they were less active, they always jumped at interactions with the other members.

Jungkook read more, skipping over those that mentioned her name, before picking one to answer, " 'Have I seen any of the other members aside from Jin?' Yeah, I saw Yoongi hyung a couple of days ago, and I ran into Jimin on my way in here actually. I do see all of them at our different schedules though."

As Jungkook was making his way into his own studio to set up the live, he'd bumped into Jimin coming out of one of the HYBE ones. They hadn't had the time to stop and chat, but in light of Jungkook's new mission to spend less time moping and more time with the other members, he'd promised to hang out with Jimin soon. It had been a while since they had hung out together one-on-one, so he was actually looking forward to it.

Jungkook decided to turn the questioning around, "How about you all? How have you guys been?"

He peered closer, tapping the screen to see what people were saying, and laughed lightly at some of the responses he got.

"It seems like a lot of you are complaining about the weather. These days it does seem to be raining more often yes." As Seoul entered autumn, the temperature had dropped and rainy weather was becoming more frequent each week. Jungkook didn't particularly mind it though, in fact, he preferred it to the heat.

He ran a hand through his hair as he leaned back into a more comfortable position, "I don't know, I quite like the rain actually. I love the sound it makes. I was walking along the Han River one night and it suddenly started raining. I hadn't brought my umbrella so I got soaked but I didn't mind, it made me feel like I was in a movie or something."