twenty-one

─── ˚* ੈ✩‧₊☽₊‧✩ ੈ*˚ ───

"And this is the garden." Asa gestured to the vast expanse of untamed green in front of them, "It's not finished yet, but when they're done with all the landscaping, there'll be a proper patio and we can move the barbecue from the courtyard."

Shortly after her crying sesh, Narae had begged Asa to take her on a tour of the house and she'd dutifully obliged. Narae felt like a broken record with the amount of times she had said "wow" in the last ten minutes, but she had truly run out of the words to say.

Much like the garden, there were some rooms that were still unfinished and unfurnished, but even in its incomplete state the house was still gorgeous. It didn't look particularly large from the front, but the deeper they went inside, the more Narae saw how big it actually was.

Aside from the living room and courtyard, Asa showed her the master bedroom, the three guest rooms, the sauna and the two rooms they had converted into studios because they each wanted to have their own space to make their music when at home. There was also the massive kitchen and dining room that was similar to the dorm set up where an island separated the two areas.

"I really love it all." Narae said as they walked back to the living room, "It's hard to believe this is less than half an hour away from Seoul, it's almost like we're in a different country entirely."

"Yeah, that was the main reason we picked this location." Asa agreed with a nod, "It's far enough that we can get all this space, but it's still close enough that the commute won't be hell."

Asa collapsed on the brown couch and Narae once again sat on the one opposite her, getting comfortable in the corner and pulling a pillow into her lap to hold. It hadn't even been two hours since she'd arrived, but she'd already had a favourite spot.

"So..." Asa dragged out as she tucked her legs underneath her, "Did you want me to tell me a bit more about what's been going on with you since you've been away?"

"Nah, it's fine." Narae dismissed her with a smile, "I came here to see how you were doing, I don't want to make this about me."

"Narae, what did we literally just talk about?" Asa asked with an accompanying eye roll. "I'm asking because I want to know. If you don't want to talk about it then that's fine, but if you do, then I'm here to listen. It's okay."

Strangely enough though, prior to what she had said previously,  Narae actually did want to talk about it all with someone other than herself. She hadn't wanted to seem self-centred or like she had only come to see Asa to talk about her own problems, but Asa's words gave her the confidence to share.

She started off a bit hesitant at first, but soon she was just spilling her heart out whilst Asa true to her word, sat and listened.

The more Narae talked, the more she felt like the pressure was loosening in her chest. From the moment she had left Seoul to the moment she had returned, she spilled it all.

There was absolutely no judgement from Asa which made the words flow even easier. Even when it got to the part about what she had said to Jinhyeong, Asa didn't chastise her or tell her off for being mean, she simply let Narae continue telling her side.

Asa sat patiently throughout it all, digesting every word so she could see how she could help. She couldn't help but notice though, that throughout the entire time, a certain name kept cropping up.

It was Kemi's idea to go out and party all the time. It was Kemi that had said that Narae should block Jungkook and it was Kemi that had told Narae that she would be better off cutting the boys out of her life.