seven

*much longer chapter lmao

─── ˚* ੈ✩‧₊☽₊‧✩ ੈ*˚ ───

"Wait..." Jimin remarked as Jungkook removed his hat and mask as he walked into the former's apartment, "Those definitely weren't there before."

"No, they weren't. I got them done a few days ago." Jungkook smiled awkwardly, not quite used to the new sensation.

Pausing at the mirror in the hallway, he surveyed the right side of his face before turning back to Jimin to  gauge his reaction. "They're cool, right?"

It was common for people to make a drastic change to their outer appearance after a major break-up or life change. For some, it's a hair cut, for others it's a new colour or a tattoo— for Jungkook, it was heading to his old tattoo and piercing spot to get his eyebrow and lip pierced.

He'd been psyched to get them, but once the adrenaline had worn off, his mindset day-to-day had constantly fluctuated between intense pride and happiness, and equally as intense regret.

Whether the latter was for the piercings, or something else though, Jungkook wasn't sure.

Right now, he was in a sort of middle ground. He was happy with the new additions, but he was nervous imagining other people's reactions to the modifications. Jimin was the first person to see them, so Jungkook was apprehensive to see what he would say.

Jimin, however, only grinned at him and clapped him on his back enthusiastically, "You look great!"

"Really?" Jungkook's shoulders relaxed as he grinned back, the silver glinting under the room's light, "You think so?"

"Definitely." Jimin swiftly responded as he ushered Jungkook into his living room, "It goes with your whole gothic-biker-bunny aesthetic— very you."

Jungkook laughed at the description as he settled into one of the armchairs across from the couch. "Thanks."

"Does the company know you got them done?"

"No, not yet." Jungkook grimaced as he thought about what they would say, "I'm a bit scared that they'll disapprove and tell me I shouldn't have gotten them."

"I mean you've already done it so there's not much that they can change about it. What you do with your body is your choice anyway, who cares what they say?" Jimin snorted derisively, "What are they gonna do— fire you?"

Before they could talk any further, Jimin's intercom rang.

"Ah, that must be Taehyung. Hold on one sec."

Jimin buzzed him in and waited by the door till he knocked a few minutes later. Jungkook stood up to say hello to Taehyung, the two of them speaking at the same time once they were face-to-face.

"What's on your face?"

"What on earth are you wearing?"

Taehyung looked offended as he looked down at his outfit, "What's wrong with what I'm wearing? Jimin said that we're going to out!"

"Yeah, to a bar— not a speakeasy." Jungkook said with a short laugh

Jimin struggled to keep a straight face but managed to look convincingly disapproving when Taehyung shot him a look that asked Jimin to back him up.