Chapter 9

Zabuza pov
I spit out the tea Haku gave me, "Sensei you must drink if you wish to heal by the end of the week." I growl slightly, "The damn thing is so bitter."

"I never thought I would hear the famous demon of the mist complaining about bitter tea." Haku jumps in front of me protectively as a figure emerges from the shadows. I laugh loudly when I see who it is, "Damn you got a lot of balls showing yourself here Sarutobi!"

She simply smirks, "Ya well I tend to do things people least expect." Haku throws some senbon at her bur before they reach her she disappears.

The senbon needles ending up in the wall faint traces of lightning crackling in the air. I freeze when I feel the edge of a cold blade against my throat. Haku's eyes widen as I chuckle, "You where holding back against my clones."

"Unless you want your sensei to die I would calm your ass down." I nod slightly at Haku who slowly let's his arms down. Sarutobi removes the blade from my neck, "I didn't come here to fight." She moves away from me and stands at the foot of my bed, "What do you want then." I freeze when her chakra levels spikes and black markings appear on her arms and face.

She hooks her fingers on the top of her headband and slowly pulls it down. I narrow my eyes, "What do I want hmm." My eyes widen in shock as I stare into vibrant blue eyes that seem to crackle just like lightning.

"I want you to drop your objective and leave the bridge builder alone." I narrow my eyes, "And why the hell would I do that?" Sarutobi sighs, "Do you really think Gato will keep to his side of the deal. I'd imagine he is supposed to pay someone with your skills quiet a lot of money. Scum like him would try anything to keep his money." I growl slowly, "What the hell do you know your just a brat!"

Just as those words leave my mouth the door opens, "What the hell am I paying you for if your so easily defeated!?" Gato yells with two of his goons behind him, "I didn't expect for the old man to have a top jonin from the leaf protecting him. But the next time they all won't be so lucky."

He makes his way towards me, "All you are is talk, so useless!" He moves to try and grab me but Haku grabs his arm and brakes it easily.

Gato yells in pain his men coming to his side, "Why you stupid brat you broke my arm!" Haku glares at him, "Do not touch my master you filthy scum." He cradles his arm backing away from us quickly heading to the door.

"Youre going to regret this you stupid kid! And you better get the job done or else your going to regret it Zabuza." He slams the door, "Well that was dramatic and he's a lot shorter than expected." I turn back to the Sarutobi girl who was already looking at me amusement in her eyes.

I roll my eyes, "There's something wrong with you kid."

"So I've been told now due we have a deal?" I stare at her for a moment before glancing at Haku from the corner of my eye.

"Fine but we have to take that short bastard out and we get all his money." She narrows her eyes, "Some of that money goes to the people of this land." We stare at each other seeing who backs down first, "We agreed to you terms." I look over at Haku stunned, "Haku!"

He looks at me determined, "I agree with her I do not believe Gato will keep his word to us and will find a way to get rid of us. My desire in life is to keep you alive and well master and I believe this is the way to do just that."

I stare at him before closing my eyes, "Fine whatever, I assume you have a plan."

"Sure do so listen up Zabuza."

(Small timeskip)

Sakura pov
I sit against the base of my tree panting lightly, after mastering tree walking Kakashi-sensei had me do it repeatedly do it to increase my stamina.

"Damn it why is this so hard!" Naruto yells in frustration as he lands on the ground once more. Sasuke grunts as he lands on the ground again too. Both of them still not mastering it, "Seems you all are training hard." Raiden walks over to us, hands in her pockets, "Ah Raiden deciding to join us?"

Kakashi-sensei ask from his spot on a tree branch, "What exactly are you having them do."

"Tree walking."

Raiden sweat-drops in response, "Really." Sasuke smirks st her, "What is it to hard for you?" She tilts her head in his direction before slowly making her way to towards another tree.

She stands in front of it for a second before placing her foot on it. Then just like Kakashi-sensei she walks up the side of the tree without a problem and hangs upsidedown too. We all look at her with wide eyes, "Like I've said Sasuke I've been doing this a little longer than you don't underestimate me."

Raiden climes down easily, "Ha she told you teme!" I watch Raiden as she makes  her way towards me, "Are you alright your chakra levels seem a little low?" I take a steady breath before speaking, "I'm alright Kakashi-sensei just had me do the tree walking exercise multiple times to improve my stamina." Raiden smiles slightly, "So you've mastered it before them impressive."

I smile shyly feeling my cheeks heating up, "Thank you."

"Raiden come with me." Kakashi-sensei calls out for her jumping out of the trees. Raiden walks towards him, "Keep up the hard work Sakura."

I watch as both she and Kakashi-sensei walk a little distance from us. I push myself to stand up and turn to face my tree.

"Then let's make a promise and become strong shinobi yea?

"Its a promise."

The promise we made to each other when we where kids rings in my mind. That's right I promised you I'd become a strong shinobi too.

I make my way up there tree slowly, so I'll overcome my limits to stand by you. I'll admit my little crush on Sasuke detracted me from it. But seeing you after all this time and seeing how strong you've become. I remember it clear as day, just you wait Raiden.

I'll make good on our promise.