Cheers to the Rookies

The second practise of the day is around two and half hours later. The heat cooled down slightly from before, yet it was still quite hot around the track.

Nala checks off everything that's needs to be discussed before practise 2, like the changing temperature and dramatic wind that comes and goes during this time of day. The sun is setting over the dessert horizon, and Nala fully takes it in as she starts driving around the track for the second time that day. Jeez, it was amazing. Sunsets and cars were her two of her favourite things, and she absolutely adored seeing them together at that moment.
Then, she was suddenly brought back to reality as an Aston Martin comes zooming past her at turn seven, startling her out of her little daydreams. She then sped up, making good pace until it came to the final corner again where she sped up even more and began her flying lap.

Nala zooms around the track, yet again making perfect laps but still not hitting right at the top of the tables. She was fine with that though, as she comes back into the pits with around 15 minutes remaining in the practise. Nala is yet again met with high fives and pats on the back as she makes her way over the pit wall and watches the time tables anxiously with her boss and engineer. Her 7th position slowly goes back into 10th as the practise comes to a finish. She sighs at the worse result than first practise, but Nala still tried to remember she was brand new and wouldn't get there straight away. She would have to be a black sheep in a field of white sheep for a while.

"You'll get there, Nala. I just know it!", Mark says placing his hand on her shoulder and smiling at her in a friendly instance.
"Yea, I know, Mark. I'm gonna have to work hard though", Nala replies, rubbing her eyes tiredly.
"Hey, how about we all go out for an early dinner tonight to celebrate the success of you and Ollie? I reckon that will be good for ya's", Mark suggests, and Nala thought for a moment before nodding.
"I think that'll be good too", she confirms, as Mark then walks away and into the garages.

Later that day, Nala, Jaidyn and Marley leave the paddock along with some of the other drivers. Ollie walks along side Nala until they get to the car and Ollie says, "Seeya tonight, Nala", and then walks away to his own vehicle. As Nala lowers herself into the confines of her car, she sighs and sinks into the seat, rubbing her eyes aggressively as if that would take away the drowning feeling of tiredness.
"I never thought I would be this exhausted after my first day!", she complained to no one in particular. "Wait! Crap! I need to get nice clothes for dinner tonight! I didn't think to bring any with me. Crap!", Nala cursed herself.
"Wait, same as us. We need dress clothes too. Oh my god!", Jaidyn then realises. A collective sigh comes from everyone in the car as they begin to quickly take off towards the mall.

Nala, Jaidyn and Marley hurried around the shopping center, searching desperatly for something to wear to that nights dinner. Finally, after what felt like hours, the three made their way back to the car, running out and throwing their stuff in.
"We've only got 1 and a half hour to be there, so we need to move!" Nala declared, driving the car out of the parking lot and into the street of the city.

As soon as they got back to the hotel, they crowded into Nalas apartment with their clothes and bags hanging from their limbs.
"Ok, which one am I wearing?" Nala asks as she holds out the two outfits she bought to her friends. When Jaidyn and Marley both point to a separate outfit, Nala sighs. She rolls her eyes as she rushes back into her room to try them on.

Eventually she picks an outfit for the night, a sliky cream dress that went just past my knees, spaghetti straps and fitted just to my body shape. It showed my curves but that was ok. Carefully but quickly, I applied some make-up onto my face and tied my hair back in a pony tail halfway up my head, giving me a flawless look. Adding some pretty white heels, I walk out to my friends, who are also dressed nicely.
"Wow! Trying to impress, are you Nala?", asks Marley as he stands there in his white dress pants and navy button up with his hands in his pocket.

"You can't talk. Did you just walk off the red carpet?", Nala says back, which earns a laugh from everyone. Then they are all grabbing their things, and pushing their way out of the room.

Nala pulled the Audi into the parking lot of the restaurant. It was called 'Venice', and looked quite nice from the outside as the trio walked toward it. When they step inside, they are taken to the deck that looks over the pond. Fairy lights set a glow on the nice table settings, and the flowing of fountains make a nice background noise.
"Nala! You made it! Nice to see you Marley, Jaidyn", Mark greets them with open arms and a warm smile.
"Of course. We wouldn't miss it!" Nala says back enthusiastically. They take a seat near the head of the table, Nala with Marley and Jaidyn on one side of her as Alyssa, her track engineer comes and sits on the other side. Ollie is in front of Nala, smiling, laughing and talking to everyone around him.
"You look amazing, Nala. It's such a pretty dress you've got on, and oh I just love your make-up!", Alyssa compliments her admiringly, and Nala's heart lights up at her words.

"I agree with Alyssa, Nala. You look great!", Nala hears Ollie's voice come from across the table and she smiles kindly at him.
"Thanks guys, but you all look great too", Nala says, earning grins from the others.

The night went on, and finally dinner came, where plates of divine food came out and were placed on the table, and everyones glasses were filled with champagne. Then, Nala heard the clinking sound of a glass somewhere nearby, and she looks up to see Mark standing, holding his glass proudly and trying to get everyones attention. As everyone's heads turned to face him, he smiled and began talking.
"Evenin' everyone. I'd just like to say how grateful I am for this team I have around me. And I'd also like to thank our two new rookie drivers, Ollie and Nala, it's an honour and I hope you enjoy every second of this experience. Let's hope it's an amazing year for these two. Cheers to the rookies!" Mark projects, smiling and raising his glass.
It's followed by everyones voices crying, "Cheers to the rookies!", in a joyous tone, as they also raised their glasses cheerfully. After a moment, everyone is taking a sip of their drink as they begin the dinner in front of them.