Ready as I'll Ever Be

Nala wakes up to her alarm screaming at her to get up. She hummed the familiar tune of the alarm as she jumped out of bed, pumped for her day ahead of her.

She chooses out her outfit of the day that she is sure will impress. A short beige-coloured linen playsuit that Nala absolutely adores, with a small woven handbag with white fabric lining inside. As she ties up her black Doc Martins, Jaidyn and Marley come bursting in.
"Ready, missy moo?", Marley asks. Nala nods, staring at him with his messy bed hair and tired eyes.
"I am, but are you sure you are?", Nala laughs as Marley rolls his eyes, handing him a hairbrush from her bag.

A couple minutes later, Nala, Marley and Jaidyn set off to the car parked down in the hotel garage. When Nala has lowered herself down into the low-lying seat, she quickly puts her large black Chanel sunglasses on, staring into the mirrors to check how she looks.
"Don't worty, you look great like always", Jaidyn says from the passenger seat. Nala looks over and smiles at her warmly, rolling her eyes playfully. Jaidyn wears nice highwaisted denim shorts and a black crop-tee, with am Audi button-up undone over the top.
"You look beautiful, Jay!", Nala reminds her as she starts pulling out and driving off down the road.

The trio arrive to the paddock yet again to squealing fans crowding around the gates and trying to sneak a peak of drivers going past in their cars. Nala slowly winds down her window, waving and smiling to the gaggle of fans standing around and leaning on the railings separating the road and pathway. Then she quickly drives through into the parking lot. Getting out of the car, they make their way to the gates and enter the paddock, with Nala sighing happily.
"Nala! Hey, Nala!", she hears a voice call out her name somewhere around her, finding it to be Lando, a McLaren driver, followed by Carlos, a Ferrari driver. She saw them jog their way over as they stopped and started walking next to her.

"Lando. Carlos. Goodmorning boys!", Nala greets them kindly with a smile on her face.
"Goodmorning! We just wanted to say good job on yesterday and good luck for today, girl!" Lando says in his sassy voice as he nudges Nala with his elbow.
"Yes, you did so good yesterday. You'll be a top contender in no time, Nala", Carlos adds in his Spanish accent, making Nala's stomach do backflips at his words. She just hoped they would turn out to be true.

"Nala! You're here!", comes Mark's voice when they walk into the garages. He sweeps Nala into a quick hug saying, "First quali today! Excited?" When he pulls away, Nala nods excitedly. "So excited. But so nervous as well! I just want to do good", she says, earning a knowing smile from Mark.
"Well! Ya' better get used to it, kid! Everyone gets nerves, it's normal. And besides, you're bound to be great!" Mark's words made Nala feel happy, especially since they were coming from him, an old well-known and successful driver that had a great career.
"Thanks Mark. It's means a lot", she says, before walking off to the pit wall.

As Nala walked out, the sun shone down on her, making her shade her eyes with her hand. Nala's track engineer sat, waiting, as she types something on the laptop in front of her. "Morning, Alyssa!", Nala says in a chirpish manner.
"Good morning Nala! You ready for you first qualifying?", she asks.
"Ready as I'll ever be! I've got so many nerves though", Nala laughed awkwardly as Alyssa smiled at her.
"Don't worry, girl. It happens to the best. Really, ask them!", she laughed slightly back, as she continued to inspect the laptop.

Practise 3 went by quickly, Nala getting to 10th by the time it ended. Her nerves grew as it came closer and closer to her first qualifying session in Formula 1.

Nala took deep breaths as she lowered herself down into the car. When her seat buckles were tightened until she couldn't breath, she heard Jaidyn and Marley cheer from beside her.
"Woooo! Nala, let's go!", Jaidyn clapped her hands encouragingly, a bright smile on her face.
"Yea girl! Beat them all!", Marley calls, making Nala giggle slightly. She then turned all her attention and focus to the car. Everything was ready, she just had to do it now.