Therapy's Over Bitches

Nala walked confidently out of the hospital after her last ever session of physical therapy, Ollie by her side. Her heart was filled with joy. She'd done it, she was walking again, and was so, so strong. Something the doctors werent sure she was going to be able to do again. She was so proud of herself. And Ollie was proud of her as well.

"You've done such an amazing job to get here, Nals. I'm so proud of you", he said as they walked out.
"Thank you, Ollie", she replied. "I'll see you at dinner tonight? My house, family, Marley and Jaidyn, you...", she continued.
Ollie nodded his head. "Of course. I'd never miss it", he reassured. Just by that sentence, butterflies flew around her body. She knew he'd be there, and there was nothing else to it.

That night, Nala put on a beautiful silky green dress, and tied back her long brown hair into a ponytail. She looked at herself in the mirror now. It was weird seeing herself this dressed up, she hadn't done it in a while. For the past nearly 2 years, all she'd worn was sweats or leggings and a shirt because she was constantly going to physical therapy, and more recently, the gym. And now, it was almost like she was back to her original physique, maybe even a little more stronger because of how much hard work and effort she had put in.

She heard a knock a moment later, and she knew Kamille answered the door because of the muffled voices she could hear enter the house. She quickly finished what she was doing and headed to the loungeroom, where Marley and Jaidyn were sat.

"Big news to tell tonight, hey?", Jaidyn said. She instantly got shushed by Nala. No one knew but Marley and Jaidyn that Nala had news to tell that night. It was a secret.
"Jay, be quiet. No one knows but us three, ok? So don't say anything, please", Nala demanded.

In the next 15 minutes, her family arrived, her mother and father, and all her brothers, and Ollie too. Everyone was nicely dressed, all the boys in nice pants and ironed button-up shirts, her mother in a cute floral dress, Jaidyn wearing a white fitted dress and Kamille wearing a navy jumpsuit. It was nice seeing everyone like this.

Soon, they were all seated at the dining table, the private chef, that Toto had hired when Nala first went home after her accident, cooking up a storm in the neighbouring kitchen. Nala sat at the head of the table, with Toto all the way on the other side staring back at her. Marley and Jaidyn sat on one side, then Ollie was on the other, and Tobias sat next to him.

When the dinner was soon getting placed down on the table in front of them, Nala quickly cleared her throat and stood up, clinking her knife against her glass.

"So, I'd like so tell you guys some news before we eat", she started, a nervous tone to her voice. Jaidyn nodded her head, prompting Nala to continue.
"Therapy's over, bitches", she said, a happy smile covering her face. Everyone around her cheered for her, her brothers even clapping their hands and whistling. "And! And, I'm going back to F1. Audi is taking me back", she added, a single happy tear making it's way down her face. Cheers got even louder, and Ollie sprung up and hugged her tightly. He hadn't known anything about this, so he was delighted.

After a couple moments of congratualing, they finally settled for dinner. They ate in harmony, it was just a happy dinner filled with people Nala loved.

Everyone Nala had invited that night was staying. There where enough bedrooms, so why not? When everyone had gone to bed, Nala slowly made her way to her room. She left the door opened a smidge, sitting down in a chair and patting Romeo, who had been lying in her bedroom for a while now. Suddenly, a knock made her look up and she found herself looking at the kind smile of Ollie. Her stomach flipped like crazy and her heart beat sped up dramatically.

"Hey", she smiled.
"Hey", he copied. A moment passed where it was just the two of them staring at eachother in silence.
"Wanna go for a walk in the feilds?", he asked. Nala nodded, instantly jumping up and heading for the door.

They headed for the field out the back of the house. Romeo followed, just like he always followed Nala. Being out there, in the moonlight with the millions of stars above them and Ollie by her side, Nala felt like she was invincible. She felt so good being able to walk so freely as they strode through the grass together. Without even knowing it, Nala found herself holding Ollie's hand, his warm, strong grip making her feel safe.

Nala and Ollie slowly came to a stop under a large oak tree, just up on a hill. Nala remembered that this was the tree she used to come and sit under when she was a little girl, reading her books when they came for a holiday. She missed doing that.

Ollie turned to look at her, his eyes shiny as a ray of moonlight shone over them. His smile made Nala's heart flip, just like it had since the first day she'd met him. It was kind, sincere, honest, and adorable. When he showed you that smile, it was like him saying he was never going to let you down. Ollie took both of her hands in his now, looking into her emerald eyes for a moment.

"Nala...", he breathed, "I really like you...Actually, I love you", he altered. Nala's heart went wild, speading up to a million miles an hour. She paused for a moment, his smile not leaving his face for a second.
"I love you too, Ollie. I really do", she whispered to him. It was like a giant weight had been lifted off her shoulders as she said that.

Ollie's smile somehow got brighter, and butterflies stampeded through her stomach. There was a brief moment of silence, then he was moving closer to her. Before Nala knew what was happening, they were kissing, his lips light and gentle yet desperate. When they pulled away after a moment, they stared into eachothers eyes. Nala squeezed Ollie's hand, their fingers entwined in eachothers.

Nala's heart fluttered. She'd just kissed Ollie. Her teammate. Her support. And most importantly, her best friend. All that melted away for a bit, Nala just focusing on him and him alone. What else could they be? No ones knows.

"How are we going to explain this one to Mark", Nala giggled as she hugged Ollie around his torso, tall enough that she could lay her head one his chest just under his neck. She could hear his steady heartbeat, and it was comforting.
"Haha, I have no clue", he replied, strengthing his grip around her and kissing the top of her head.