Nala Cameron

"Breaking News: Female Formula One rookie, Nala Cameron, has been in a life-threatening crash in Berlin, Germany tonight after being hit by a drunk driver. It is said that she is in a critical condition, having been hit straight on by the man, who died in the accident. Not much more information has been announced as of yet."

Ollie stared at the almost lifeless body in front of him. He felt queasy knowing something could happen to her any minute that wouldn't be erasable. How were they only talking less than two hours ago, and now she was like this. Still. Damaged. Only just holding on. All around him, he could hear the constant beeping of the machines. It was hard to believe these things were keeping her alive. Barley.

He'd gotten the call from Jaidyn, Nala's manager, who was back in London with Marley, Nala's personal trainer. She called him, balling her eyes out and saying that he had to go see her in the hospital. Without even hesitating, he was out the door and speeding to the hospital. Jaidyn said her and Marley would be there as soon as possible. She also let him know that Nala's parents would be coming too, Susan and Toto Wolff. Ollie would have to officially meet Toto, and it would be outside their workplace. This would be a personal matter.

Ollie took his mind off the matter of meeting her father, rather taking up just looking at her. Gazing at her. She still looked beautiful, just with big bruises and cuts that will surely turn into scars. She looked so small in that hospital bed, all hurt and unmoving. Usually, her vibrancy and confidence and just overal personality made her look bigger than she was, made her stand out compared to anything. That's what Ollie liked about her. Actually, Ollie liked everything about her. He really really liked her. And she didn't even notice.

It was 10:23pm when there was a knock at the door, and Ollie was met with someone standing behind him.
"Hi, I'm Juliette, Nala's cousin. Mind if I join you?", she asked timidly with a german-like accent. Ollie nodded his head and smiled a little.
"Yea, of course. Come sit down", he said, standing up and offering her the chair he had just moved from. She slowly took it, making herself comfy as Ollie moved to the other side of Nala's bed, standing beside it now.

A few moments of silence passed as Ollie and Juliette just stared at Nala as she lay there. "She's still so gorgeous like this,I can't believe it," Juliette whispered.
"Agreed. I've never seen someone so beautiful, I don't think", Ollie whispered back, catching Juliette by surprise.
"Who are you to her again?", she asked politely.
"Oh, I'm Ollie. Just her...her teammate", Ollie said, getting stuck mid-sentence. Just her teammate. Maybe that's all he'll ever be to her. I mean, he'd seen the way other guys looked at her, especially Lando. It made him feel invisible sometimes. Juliette gave a knowing nod and smile, then turned back to her lovely cousin, sighing.

The next morning arrived. Ollie was still by Nala's side, just like he'd been all night. He hadn't left once. Juliette left late the night before, saying she'd be back as soon as possible. Ollie believed her.

He was rubbing his sleepy eyes when there was a knock at the door, and slowly, it opened. Ollie stood up straight away, cleaning himself up a little when he saw Nala's mother and father standing there. Susie and Toto Wolff. The Wolff's.

Susie rushed in to be beside her darling girl, holding her hand and kissing it, carefully moving Nala's hair that fell down the front of her face behind her ear. Toto came over to Ollie, staring him down. Ollie's heart stammered slightly at the tall figure coming towards him.
"You've been here all night?" he asked.
"Yes, sir. I have", Ollie replied, shaking his hand with a firm grip, something his father always told him was good to have.
"Aren't you her teammate?", he asked again.
"Yes, but I care about her a lot. I'm not just going to walk away", Ollie stated, his voice steady but his mind going out of control.

Toto nodded, adding, "Hmm. Good. That's good", before walking over to where his wife was next to their daughter.

Throughout the day, people were in and out. Susie and Toto mostly stayed, and Juliette also made an appearance again, but didn't stay long when Jaidyn and Marley got there. They stayed for a while, too. Mark Webber, head of Audi F1 Racing, and Nala's biggest fan, came and saw her.  Nala's brothers also came in for a visit. All five of them. They crowded the room, but it was ok. They all just sort of hovered above their little sister, crying and willing her to wake up. Ollie also stayed for the whole day, not wanting to move.

Later, when most people had had their visits for the day, Ollie and Toto sat on either side of Nala in silence. Susie had gone to a relatives house to see but also inform them on how Nala was going. It was a break for her. So it was just Ollie and Toto.

"Your daughter is amazing, you know, Mr Wolff", Ollie said, only just looking up to meet the man's eyes on the other side of the bed.
"Thank you, Mr Bearman. I know she is amazing", he replied softly. Then added, "She's the light of my life. I just wish I could be her father publically sometimes. It's so hard seeing her but not being able to run up and talk to her like I want to".

"Toto, is Nala your daughter?!", came a surprised but hurt voice from behind them. And there, standing in the doorway with a hurt expression, was Lando Norris.