Speaking Spanish

Day 2 of the Jeddah Grand Prix weekend rolled around, and with it came the start of practise 3.

"Ok, last practise of the weekend, girl. Make it good", Alyssa said through Nala's radio. Nala drove out of the garage eagerly, down the pits and onto the track. She swerved side to side on her outlap, trying to warm the tires and brakes before her flying laps.

Nala slowed down as she went past the grand stands, admiring all the people who sat there and watched her go past in her car. Then after that, it was go time. Nala put in 23 solid laps over the period of the practise session, and at the the end, when she came back to the garage, she was surprised to find that she had finished P4!
"Ahh! My best result yet, guys, look!", Nala squealed in excitement to Jaidyn and Marley who were right next to her when she climbed out. They both gave her high fives, echoing eachothers, "Good job. So proud". Nala did a little happy dance as she took off her helmet, placing it over to the side on a bench. Happiness coursed through her as she was contantly reminded of her great result. Getting P4 in a practise as a rookie, in the second race as well, was a pretty good achievement to have had.

Practise finished and there was still 2 more hours until Nala even had to think about getting ready for qualifying, and she lazed in her drivers room with the aircon on full blast facing toward her. It was a very hot afternoon, around 35°c just at 3 o'clock. She couldn't be bothered to take off her racing overalls, wrapping the top half around her waist, but she did take off the fire proof long-sleeve she had underneath, revealing her bra that she wore. It was a normal bra, black in colour and a nice fabric, and she was quite curvy as well, but somehow Nala knew that if she went around the paddock like this, it would be more than likely she would get some stares. But at that moment when her stomach started to growl, she didn't care much.
Nala walked down the corridor and into the main area of the hospitality, where she found Marley and Jaidyn sitting on a sofa looking at an ipad.
"Hey, wanna go have some food? I saw some vendors at the main paddock entrance", Nala suggested, catching the attention of her two friends as she stood in front of them.
"What, dressed like that? Don't you think the media will be straight onto you? 'Nala Cameron wearing just a bra through the paddock'. Hmm, I don't know", Marley says, mimicking quotation marks at his attempted headline.

"Call me a slag, I don't care. It's so fucking hot right now and I'm comfortable so it's fine", Nala replied, pulling them up from seats.
"No need to call yourself a slag, but ok. I'm kinda hungry too", Jaidyn rolls her eyes as they begin to walk out.

On the way, they run into Ollie.
"Hey, Nala! What are you doing?", he asked with his signature smile on his face. Nala saw Ollie's eyes widen as he took her in, obviously surprised that she wasn't wearing a shirt, but tried his best to play it off as she silently giggled to herself.
"On our way to get some food. Wanna come?", Nala asked him, and earning a nod, he followed closely next to Nala and her friends. They arrive to the food vendors, and the smell instantly overwhelms Nala's senses. But Nala sees something that pushes everything else out of the way. A smoothie vendor, and a crepe vendor.
"Find what yous want, I'll be back", she says absent-mindedly as she walks over. She quickly orders her smoothie, banana and berries and while she waits, she goes to the crepes next door.

"This one please", she says, pointing to the sign to tell the confused looking man what she wanted. When he started cooking, an insane feeling of nostalgia washed over her, and she was suddenly reminded of the good old days.
When her mother and father would make her and her brothers crepes, especially on birthdays, and they were her favourite things ever. A vivid memory flashed through her mind. She sat on the bench as a small child, her mother in front of her as they decorated the crepes before her father would then flip them. It was her brithday and her 5 older brothers played around them, asking when they would be ready. The sound of laughter and happiness filled her ears.