'I Don't Care If You're Contagious' 16

I am sorry Deeleetrius if this wasn't how it was to be presented :[ Although, if it is, then I'm like :DD

-Abhi (Enjoy the chapter)

He felt airless, falling fast towards the pavement and the screeching cars below. Time stood still for those few seconds, and it was just him. Him, Ashton, he was the only thing that existed in those few seconds of free fall. He felt a power like no other surge through him, he was filled with adrenaline. The sound of blood pumping in his ears and the feeling of his heart hammering against his rib cage surrounded him. He didn’t feel frail or small anymore, he felt wondrously euphoric, completely numb. It may have been the pills, or maybe the idea of dying and fleeing from pain that brought on this god like experience. But since the idea of death hadn’t brought on this much excitement before, it was probably the pills.

 When the sounds of halting cars came closer, when he could smell the burnt rubber of skidding tires, images of the crash invaded his mind and a sort of vicious malice took over his good feeling, striking fear of the unknown through him. But it was too late to repent and ask for forgiveness of any sort, the impact happened too fast. He knew he hit a car, maybe the window shield, if the sound of exploding glass was any indication. The sound involuntarily shattered his train of thought, bringing him back to reality.

The pain was unbearable. He kept his eyes closed and let fate take over. His body was being dragged across a stretch of rough pavement, he could feel his skin being ripped away mercilessly, and the familiar scent of blood invaded his nose. He was covered in it. He could feel it dripping off his forehead, seeping through his clothes; he tried to open his eyes but could only see red. The noises around him were becoming faint, almost a whisper. He heard a woman scream, and sirens in the distance. Voices perhaps, telling him to hang on, that everything was going to be alright. He tried to grin, to laugh at the fool who was telling him lies. He wanted to get up and tell them all to leave him to die. But he couldn’t move, he couldn’t feel, or see. He tried to move his arm and succeeded, but only felt bone scraping across concrete.

The faint murmur of his heart filled his ears, like low drumbeat, dying down with each shallow breath he took. He couldn’t think straight anymore, everything came to him at once, like a movie reel of his memories. Shilo and her smile, Miranda his ex girlfriend, the fight in the hallway, leaning at the edge of a thirty five story building, the last image that played was blurry. He could barely make out the boy. It took a while to recognize who it was….Nathan.

He watched the memory unfold. He was in the coffee shop after he’d tried to commit suicide the first time. He was just sitting there in the back alone, in a trance, lost deep in thought. Then this daringly handsome boy sat down at his table, introducing himself like they were best friends. It was mid December and had just started to snow outside. The boy’s face was flushed with coldness, his hair had snow in it, and his hands were wrapped around a warm cup of fresh coffee. Ash watched as Nathan tried to make small talk, playing with his coffee cup and biting his lip, sneaking glances ever so often Ash’s way when he refused to pay attention to him.

Ash struggled to see more of the memory playing in his head, but he was slipping, he could feel the life being drained from him… but he didn’t want to leave. He wanted to see more of the memory. He wanted to see Nathan’s little movements that he had instantly, unknowingly fallen in love with. The way he looked when he tried to lie, the way a light pink blush seeped up his neck and flourished in his cheeks. He wanted to see his smile, and the way his lips curved in a brilliant grin.

Ash couldn’t see anymore, and he was scared, he didn’t want to go he wanted to stay. He wanted to live, he was foolish. The steady drum of his heartbeat grew fainter and fainter until he couldn’t hear it anymore, the sirens didn’t exist, and the whispers of encouragement to stay alive were long gone. His body slipped into the darkness, swallowed up by a cloud black, he was gone.