'I Don't Care If You're Contagious' 3

His mind was filled with confusing and constant "what if I am?" Ash shook his head angrily and buried his chin into his jacket, his cellphone vibrated once again; 26 times to be exact all in which he was betting was from Miranda. The aroma of deep rich coffee mingled with cold air struck him; Ash looked up to find himself at the Cafe once again, he scowled at himself and walked into the warm cozy building heading to the very back; out of site.

 He sat down and unzipped his jacket taking his time to neatly fold it on his lap, then leaning back in the big chair he closed his eyes. He needed this alone time that's all he ever wanted was to be alone for at least 20 mintues , without any interruptions. He knew he was a ticking time bomb ready to go off anytime, he didn't want that to 'go off' he didn't like getting angry to show any emotion. It was a matter of healing and getting through the riffs and bumps that got in his way, Ash took a couple deep meditating breaths like the ones Shilo taught him. He smirked well taking in breaths, Shilo and her Oms and green tea...hippie kid. 

Ash cracked one eye open to see who was around, it was just him and some cleaning lady that had head phones on, the cashier girl wasn't even at the counter so they wouldn't hear him. Relaxing all this muscles Ash took a deep inhale of coffee air and let out a long ''oommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm'', he felt the vibration in his chest deepen as he did it once more. The vibration seemed relaxation as if it was working on his muscles and softening his core making him mellow and more relaxed then ever. 

' click' 

Ash stopped meditating and opened an eye to a smiling half smirking Nathan sitting across from him with two cups of coffee, Nathans nose was red and his cheeks a little rosy. His jacket had some snow on it and his beanie was crocked like he ran all the way here. Nathan nodded once and slid the warm coffee across the table with one finger as if he knew Ash didn't want to be touched. 

" Trying to conture up your inner chi?" Nathan asked as he popped the lid to his coffee and took a sip wincing a bit as the coffee burnt his bottom lip. 

Ash eyed Nathan as to how he got here quickly and knew where he was, he shrugged the thought and took the coffee into his hands blowing off hot steam before taking a sip. Ash set his coffee down and played with the top of the lid. He felt the awkward silence starting to close in on them both, Ash grimaced as he remembered the scene in school that Nathan caused earlier.

Nathan coughed and sat up straight, " Look I'm sorry what I did back there in the school, I got carried away and I-" 

" Just shut up okay? Don't say sorry, and if you ever lay a hand on me again ill punch the shit out of you" The words where like vomit, flying out of Ash's mouth before he had time to think of what he had said. He glared at the shrunken back figure in front of him. 

" Geeze you don't have to touchy about it, I barely even nipped your neck" Nathan smirked oblivious to Ashs anger building up inside of him.

Ash felt warmth gather in his cheeks from what Nathan said he glared once at Nat and picked his coffee up " whatever " He mumbled then took a sip of the delicious coffee that sent warmth through out his frozen body. Nathan clicked his tongue and glanced out the cafe window at the fresh snow falling from the clouded gray Sky's. Ash looked too and thought it looked like a colorless putrid vomit with no happiness. 

" Hi!" Nathan said out loud in a too cheerful voice. 

Ash jumped in his seat and glared venomously at Nathan who had the biggest smile on his face with his hand extended towards Ash.

" I'm Nathan Branx I'm 18 years old, I just moved here from Alberta I like horror movies drawing, Anime, and long romantic walks to the refrigerator." 

He couldn't hold it in any longer Ash let out the biggest laugh that was bubbling inside, he laughed until his sides hurt, until he couldn't breath.

"haaaa!, okay, deep breath...1.2.3....Okay I'm good" Ash shook his arms and smiled at Nathan, he couldn't help it the kid was hilarious and made him feel good inside

Geeze his happiness is contagious

"Are you okay?" Nathan had a confused look plastered on his face 

" Yeah yeah I'm sorry about being an ass man, I'm okay it's just ...never mind. Bottom line is I'm sorry if I offended you I'm just going through some stuff at the moment, and another thing I'm into guys; I like girls."

The last part hung in the air and Ash could see him tense, but just like that it was gone and Nathan was smiling at him showing a row of perfect white teeth. 

" Aww thats okay you're not my type anyways, and plus I could use a friend like you"

Ash was curious, he knew he was good looking and sometimes it bothered him but he always wondered what girls thought of him. 

" Uhmmm not to pry or anything but what is your type exactly?..." Ash asked cocking is head side ways, making his coffee black hair fall into his eyes. 

Nathan smiled a bit at him " My type would be, a gental person. Someone whos nice and caring, that would love me no matter what even if I had flaws...-

 Nathan stopped and looked sad but replaced it with a wide grin 

" or six toes " Ash chuckled this kid was cute. 

Time flew by from morning, to afternoon to almost night fall, all they did was talk about life and there goals. What they wanted to be, the various schools they went too and the people they met. Ash left out a lot even the dark things like how he killed that family. He lied and said he lived with his mom and dad, and that they were good people. But in reality they hated Ash and disowned him after the accident. 

Ash found out that Nathan and his family moved here from some town, that he had 2 brothers and 1 sister, and a loving mother and father; that they accepted him when he came out. 

Ash was transfixed by Nathans stories and his laugh, the way he used his hands in gestures. And how the kid seemed to ooze happiness, all in all Nathan had a good vibe that kept Nathans mind at ease and away from the pain, he had to admit though he was contagious.