𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

November 29th, 2020

"Can you believe it? We're debuting tomorrow." Heeseung said wistfully.

"I can. We've barely gotten any sleep within the past two weeks." Jay grumbled.

"Two months! Finally!" NiKi exasperated, laying in Sunoo's bed.

"Yah NiKi get out of my bed." Sunoo insisted when he entered the room.

"Sleep in mine then." NiKi offered pointing to his bunk that was now above mine.

I kind of zoned out the rest of their conversation. I was excited for debut. Until today. I guess the realization that we wee debuting finally hit me. After training, I-Land, the short two months. It was finally here.

Over time I became more comfortable with the camera and the vlives. But something didn't sit right with me when I thought about the debut showcase. We would have our live interactions with Engenes on Mnet and as well as the media showcase. Where we have to answer the press.

I was still bothered by what happened at the airport. Now I look back over my shoulder any time I leave the house. I may have read one too many articles about idols being stalked or mobbed in the middle of the day.

"Chae?"

I hummed in response when Jungwon sat down next to me, "Hey~ you look sad." He said jokingly, leaning his head on my shoulder.  When I didn't respond, Jungwon looked concerned, "Chae, is there something wrong?" He asked quietly cupping my face.

I smiled softly and removed his hands from my face, "I'm fine."

Jungwon frowned, "Do you want to go on a walk?"

"It's late though." I said with a slightly frown.

"Come on!  It'll help clear whatever thoughts are going on in that head of yours." Jungwon cooed, poking at my forehead. 

I gave him a skeptical look.

"Please, Chae~"

I finally gave in when I saw the cute pout on his face, "Alright, fine.  But if we get mugged I'm going to say I told you so." I warned him.

Jungwon waved a dismissive hand and nudged me, "Go put on your jacket, then."

"Where are you guys going?" Jay asked when he saw us get up. 

"We're going on a walk." Jungwon said excitedly. 

"It's late though-"

"Dont argue with him." I whispered jokingly, "He's very keen on it."

Jungwon rolled his eyes, "Because you look like you need a distraction."

"Just be careful.  And make sure that you're not seen doing anything couple-y." Jay yelled when we exited the room.

"Alright, uncle." I sassed making everyone laugh.

Me and Jungwon put on our coats and shoes before leaving the dorm. Since it was quiet late at night and middle of the second semester in the school year, many people aren't out.

Jungwon grinned at he looked up, "Isn't it pretty?"

I smiled to myself when I saw the sky. Usually the air pollution is quite bad, but tonight the stars and moon were more noticeable than usual.

Jungwon interlocked our hands and swung them back and forth as we walked, "So, Chae, now that it's just us. Tell me, what's going on?"

"Hey, you said this was a distraction!" I protested when I realized why he had us go on a walk.

"Well I lied.." when I looked at him he shrugged, "I'm 17, of course im going to lie. And also I said to clear your head. What better way than to actually talk it out with your boyfriend?" He cooed, singing the last word. 

"I can think of many~" I said in the exact same tone.  When Jungwon's face fell into a glare, I chuckled, "Okay, you don't have to be so mad."

"Just tell me, Chae.  I can tell when something's bothering you." Jungwon pleaded. 

I shrugged, "anxiety I guess?  I've been feeling kind of out of it... we're really debuting tomorrow, huh?" I said quietly. 

Jungwon stopped in his tracks, "debut?  That's what you're worried about?"

I let out a sigh, "Yeah.  I've barely gotten used to the vlives, the camera, everything.  I don't want to mess up."

"Mess up? Chae you can do all the choreographies in your sleep."

"I know. That's not the part I'm worried about. It's the interacting. What if I say something wrong? Or I accidentally offend a bunch of people? Or I make myself look stupid." The more I said the possibilities the more I got anxious about it.

Jungwon looked at me with sad eyes, "Chae, you won't look stupid. Don't say that."

I shrugged, "It's what I think.. everyone's so excited about tomorrow. But I'm not.. that excited. I just want to dig a hole and live in it forever." I said with a bitter smile.

"Uh don't do that." Jungwon suggested, "But chae, we'll be right next to you. We'll help you with the speaking part. And the company, remember what they said? You don't have to speak more than you have to."

"But-"

Jungwon squeezed my hands, "Hey, none of that second guessing or a bunch of ifs." He pulled me into a tight hug, "Tomorrow will be okay.  Just one day at a time." He said softly.

I smiled.  Despite only knowing Jungwon for less than a year and only dating for two months.  He's been so patient and caring towards me.  Never once have I have to worry about our relationship.  He always made me feel calm and safe. 

I locked eyes with Jungwon who was staring at me intently, "Jungwon?"

"Hm?"

"I know I'm kind of late on saying this.  But I love you too."

Jungwon's eyes went wide.  Just like how they always do when he's shocked, "Repeat that?" He asked with a big smile. 

I laughed, "I love you too."

Jungwon didn't say anything but press his lips against mine.  Almost immediately I kissed back.  Despite it being almost four am.  And we were on an empty street in town.  The kiss felt perfect. 

I couldn't help but let out a laugh when Jungwon suddenly lifted me up and spun me around, "You have no idea how long I've been waiting for you to say that!" Jungwon exasperated

"And you have no idea how long I've been trying to get the guts to say i!" I retorted.

Jungwon laughed and pressed a kiss against my forehead, "You really make me so happy, Chae."

I leaned my head on his shoulder as we just stood in each other's embrace.  In a soft whisper I said, "And you make me the happiest girl in the world."

[a/n and that is the end... jk but this is the end of the "main" chapters.  I do have a LOT of extra chapters and such that I will release over time.  But I want to say thank you to you guys who voted, commented on , viewed this story!  Honestly I think Stay was a big huge improvement from I Want You so I'm glad you liked it!]