In The Pale Moonlight

Sarah woke me up the next morning with a smile.

"Winnie and Mary are out. You wanna hit the town? Maybe go to Gilbert's magic shop?" She asked.

"Mhm. That sounds delightful." I said sleepily.

"Perfect." She said.

She, again, used her magic to pull out an outfit for each of us. Towards me, she sent a puffy green dress with vines and flowers embroidered on it, along with a matching green hair bandana. She pulled out a deep purple turtleneck with black pants, and a purple headband for herself.

"Hey, no fair! Why do you get pants and I'm stuck with a dress?" I complained, lightly.

"Oh... you can change, if you would like." She said, concerned.

"I'm kidding, don't worry. I don't mind the dresses." I smiled, and gave her a kiss on her forehead.

We walked to the magic shop, hand in hand.

"Well, if it isn't two of my favorite customers!" Gilbert said.

"Hi Gilbert!" Sarah exclaimed.

"Hello!" I smiled.

"What can I help you ladies with?" He asked.

Sarah skipped up to the counter, and whispered something in his ear.

"Oh! Yes, I've got it." He said.

I looked at her inquisitively, and she blushed and looked away. He brought out a small satin bag, and handed it off to Sarah.

"What would you like, my love?"

"Oh... uhm, I'm not sure. Maybe just a couple of candles?" I said.

"Are you sure that you don't want more than that? I want to spoil you today." She smirked.

"Are you sure? I don't want you to have to spend money on me if you don't want to."

"Darling, I wouldn't offer it if I didn't want to." She said kindly.

"Uhm. Okay." I said, unsurely. I picked up a heart shaped carnelian tumble, and a heart shaped rose quartz tumble. I picked some rose-scented incense sticks and a moon shaped selenite incense burner. I grabbed a matchbook with a siren on it. It reminded me of Sarah. I grabbed some rose oil and lavender oil, as well as rose petals, lavender, rosemary, and mint. To finish it off, I picked out some small spell jars and pink and red candles.

"Alright, that'll be $41.50." Gilbert said.

I gave Sarah a furtive glance, and she smiled confidently. She paid Gilbert, and took the bag as he held it out.

She grabbed my hand, and skipped happily back to our cottage. As it got dark, she sent me away to add the new items to my altar. I lit the pink candle, with intentions of love. I smelled garlic, and Sarah called me downstairs.

The lights were all off, but there were small flickering lights that led to the garden. The hedges were full of roses, and they arched above our heads. A pink blanket was set on the floor, with plates of fettuccine alfredo sitting upon it.

"What's all this for?" I asked her.

"I just wanted to do something special for us."

"Thank you. I really appreciate it." I said, sitting down next to her. She pulled out a bottle of chardonnay, and poured it into two wine glasses. I had never seen the glasses before, and I began to study them. Mine had butterflies and a sun etched into the glass, and hers had luna moths and the moon.

"Seriously, love, what is all this? Not that I don't appreciate it, but I wasn't expecting it."

"I'm sorry, I don't mean to worry you. I just love you so much, and I wanted to show you." She began to reach into her pocket. "I've had a hard time creating an emotional connection with lovers in the past, but it was so easy with you. Since we met, I knew what we had was special. I want to spend the rest of my immortal life with you. Would you do me the honor of being my wife?" She opened a small, pink, velvet box to reveal a ring. It was silver, with a heart shaped rose quartz stone in the middle. There were miniscule amethyst crystals adorning the band. I began to tear up.

"Yes. I love you." I nodded through my tears. She began to cry as well.

"I love you too." She smiled, and pulled me in. We cuddled until we fell asleep underneath the moonlight.