The Lovers

Sarah pressed play on the video.

"Did you seriously tell Y/N that I was hooking up with Gilbert?" She said on the recording.

"Hmm. I believe I did do that." Winifred said.

"Why would you lie about that? Are you trying to ruin my life?"

"She's not good enough for you. It would've happened sooner or later. I'm just trying to spare you the pain."

"Are you-? I cannot- I can't deal with you right now." She said, and the recording ended.

I started to cry.

"What's wrong love? You know I was telling the truth now." She asked, confused.

"It's true." I said through tears.

"What? No, she just admitted she was lying."

"I'm not good enough for you." I admitted.

"Who in the world put that idea in your mind?" She asked.

"It's not an idea, Sarah. It's the truth."

"No it's not. If anything, you're too good for me. I'm a three hundred year old witch, who literally steals children's souls to stay alive. You saw past that. You saw me for who I really am. I'm so incredibly grateful to have you."

"Are you kidding me? I'm a teacher. I don't make any money, and I just brought two kids and a ton of emotional baggage into your life. I am nowhere near good enough for you, even Winifred sees it. You made me an immortal witch, you proposed to me, and you built a house for us."

"Well either we're good enough for each other, or neither of us are good enough for the other. Which one do you want it to be?" She asked, smiling.

"You know which one I want. The one where I get to keep you." I mumbled reluctantly.

"Mhm." She grinned, and kissed my forehead.

"Do you want to know what I was doing at Gilbert's? Besides hooking up with him, if you ask Winnie." She laughed.

I grimaced.

"Sorry. Too soon?"

I nodded.

"I was getting us these." She pulled out a small bag, and dumped out its contents. There was a rose quartz heart, a carnelian heart, and two smaller ones, being angelite and amazonite.

"The rose quartz is me, the carnelian is you, the angelite is Anya, and the amazonite is Phoebe." She explained. "I was thinking we could put them in the kitchen." She said.

I hugged her. I never wanted to let her go. "I'm so sorry I ever doubted you."

"I forgive you love. You had no reason to think Winifred was lying."

"What are you going to do with that whole situation? She's your sister, and she was just looking out for you."

"I don't care. She hurt you, and if she sets foot within 100 feet of you, I will quite literally murder her."

"But she's your sister." I protested.

"And she lied about me, and she hurt you on purpose. She tried to hurt me too. I need space for a while, at least."

"Okay, but I want you to know that whenever you're ready to let her back in, I'm here for you."

"And you'll support me if I never want to let her back in?" She asked.

"Yes. It's up to you." I said.

A knock at the door interrupted our discussion, as had happened many times within the past few weeks.

"Mamas?" Anya asked.

"Yes?" I said.

"Is it almost dinner? I'm hungry." She responded.

"Mhm. It is." Sarah added. She handled all of the cooking. Another thing that she did for me, but I suppose it was for the best for both of us. She knew I couldn't cook, and she offered. I had tried a few times toward the beginning of our relationship, and ended up starting multiple fires. She always joked that it was the spark between the two of us that had started the fires, so she could take the blame off of me for nearly burning down her cottage.

{I'm going to keep updating, just less frequently now that halloween has passed :( }