Our Home

I took a deep breath as she opened the door. The house was beautiful. The front door led to a living room area on the right, and a kitchen on the left. It was decorated in various shades of green, with pink and gold accents. There was an ivory colored staircase that led up to an open hallway on the second floor. I held Phoebe on my hip, taking Sarah's hand and heading up the stairs, with Anya following close behind.

I opened the first door. It was a nursery, decorated with shades of yellow and pink. There was a mural of butterflies on the wall, along with a butterfly mobile, and other butterflies sprinkled around the room, including a butterfly stuffed animal.

There was a small ledge by the window, set up with a child friendly altar, including witchy toys, and crystals too big for a baby to swallow.

"Did you read my mind?" I softly accused.

"No?" She said.

"How did you know? I always wanted butterflies for a nursery when I had kids."

"Lucky guess." She smiled. I believed her. She wouldn't lie to me about using her magic.

I put Phoebe, who had fallen sound asleep in my arms, down in her crib. I noticed a door, aside from the closet, in the nursery. I opened it, and it led to a bathroom with the next room attached.

"Aw, Jack and Jill bathrooms? I used to think those were so cool when I was a kid." I remarked.

I opened the door to the next room. It was painted a calming light blue. There were clouds painted on the ceiling, and the lamp in the room was made to look like a flower. The center focus was the bunk bed on the wall furthest from the door. The bedding was a daffodil yellow on both the top and bottom bunk. There was a bookshelf, that upon further examination, had kids books on it, including a "My First Grimoire", a book teaching about casting runes, a tarot book and deck designed for kids, and another altar dotted with crystals. On the bed sat a bee stuffed animal. I smiled.

"Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee." I mumbled.

Sarah took my hand again, and I leaned into her touch. Anya began to put her belongings away, and in doing so, opened up the dresser. There were many outfits packed into the drawers. I couldn't see all of them, but she ended up pulling a few out. One was a long sleeved black dress with a lettuce hem along the bottom and sleeves, covered in glittery stars, aside from the chest, which had a beautiful crescent moon on it. Another dress she pulled out was light green with thin straps, and embroidered flowers appearing to grow up from the hem.

"Anya, are you alright in here?" I asked.

"Yes mama- I mean, Miss Y/L/N." She said.

"Anya, sweetheart, you can call me whatever you'd like." I smiled.

"Even Miss Mama?" She said in a goofy tone.

"If you so choose." I replied, giving her a hug. "If you need anything at all, don't be afraid to let us know. I'll leave the hall light on so that you can see, and our room is right down the hall, okay?" I asked.

"Okay, Miss Mama." She giggled. I tucked her into bed, and Sarah and I left for our room.

I was somewhat surprised when I opened the door. Most of the room was a pale, but soft white, void of decorations. Our bedspread was a light green, and the frame was a dark oak. Aside from that, and our belongings from the cottage, there was very little. I turned to her inquisitively.

She smiled. "I thought we could decorate it ourselves. Is that okay?"

I didn't respond, and instead, pulled her in for a kiss.