You Give Me Butterflies

Sarah and I opened up our wedding planning notebook. It was a marbled pink, with white glimmering butterflies adorning the front.

"What colors are you thinking, love?" I asked her.

"Hmm... definitely pink!" She exclaimed, clapping a little bit.

"Of course. Maybe some green and gold too?"

"That sounds wonderful!"

I wrote the colors in the notebook. I smiled at the page, where I had previously written "Mrs. Y/N Sanderson" over and over.

"Now, obviously, our marriage will not be recognized in the eyes of the law, or the church for that matter, since, you know, you're three hundered years old, give or take."

"Oh. Yeah." She frowned, a bit disappointed.

"It's alright, I don't mind. Can one of your sisters officiate it?"

"Yeah, probably. Maybe Mary... Winnie can be a bit insensitive."

"Yeah. I've noticed." I laughed. "Would it be weird to invite Becca, Cassie, and Izzy? I know you sort of tried to murder them, but they're the only living people we really know. Obviously Gilbert is invited. Do we know anyone else?"

"Hmm. I don't think we really do."

"Do we really need to invite anyone, or could we just do something ourselves?"

"Well, I'd really like for Winnie and Mary to come."

"Yes, of course. They're your sisters. I meant aside from them." I smiled warmly at her.

"I think that's it."

"Wait! We could have Cassie and Becca and Izzy be our flower girls, or bridesmaids!"

"Ooooh, that could be fun!"

"Gilbert can be the ring bearer!" I said. "So, Mary is officiating, you can have first pick of bridesmaids..."

"Oh! I want Cassie!"

"Okay, then I'll have Becca. Izzy can be our flower girl, Gilbert will be the ring bearer. Winnie can walk you down the aisle, if you'd like that."

"Yes, I really would." She smiled.

"Perfect. Not to spoil too much, but I'm going to wear a dress. Are you?"

"Yes, I am."

"How about we do colors outside of the wedding colors though? So that nobody will be wearing the same ones as us. What color dress do you want for the bridesmaids?"

"I think pink would be a good look on both of them. I'll do a purple or blue dress for myself."

"Alright, that sounds good to me. And then Winnie and Mary can wear green?"

"Mhm! I'm so excited!" She giggled.

"Me too!" I said, grinning in anticipation of what would be the best day of my life.