A Rose

I woke up alone in the garden. I frowned, and checked my ring finger. The stone sparkled in the sun. 'It was real.' I thought, letting out a sigh. I went into the house through the back door, and sat down at the table.

"Good morning, love." Sarah said.

"Good morning." I smiled, feeling well rested.

"I hope you don't mind, but I got you another gift." She said, setting a pink gift bag with glittery silver tissue paper hiding the gift from my sight. I frowned slightly.

"I didn't get you anything." I said.

"I didn't expect you to. There's no way you could've known." She reasoned.

"Yeah, but I wish I could've returned the favor."

"Trust me, I can think of so many ways you can make it up to me. Now, open it."

I carefully pulled out and set aside the tissue paper. I tilted the bag, and grabbed the gift. I pulled out a box of rose tea, and a small stuffed rabbit. It was a blonde color, and it had a pastel pink bow around its neck. I cuddled it close to me, and smelled rose.

"Is there rose in this?" I asked.

"Yes, and I had them put a rose quartz heart in it too. If we're ever apart, I want you to have a reminder of me."

"If we're ever apart? Are you leaving? Are you going somewhere?"

"No, I just... that nasty lady cop made me think about what would happen if we ever got in trouble, and I don't think it would come to that, but if it did, I wouldn't let you get in trouble."

I stood up and wrapped my arms around her waist.

"I would never let them take you away from me." I murmured in her ear, possessively.