Anya and Phoebe

I opened the door slowly.

"Mrs. and Mrs. Sanderson?" The man asked.

"Yes?" I said.

"Hi, I'm Garrett Sebastion, I'm Anastasia and Phoebe Lamb's case manager. We have you two listed as their placement." He said.

"Yes, that's correct." Sarah said, sneaking up behind me. I stood, a bit in shock.

"Alright, perfect. May I come in to help the girls settle in?" He asked, and I looked at Sarah.

"Yes, you may." She answered.

Anastasia stepped in through the door, and Garrett carried Phoebe in. I held out my arms to take the baby.

"Hi Phoebe." I smiled. If I recalled correctly, she was about three or four months old. Anya was four, she had been moved up into my class out of preschool after some kids had been giving her trouble. "Hello Anya."

"Hi Ms. Y/L/N." Anya said.

"I have some diapers and clothes and things in the car, if you don't mind me stepping out for a moment." Garrett said.

"Yes, of course." I responded, and turned to Sarah. "Where the hell are they sleeping?" I whispered.

"Oh... Well, I may've tricked you a bit about the house. I had it started yesterday." She admitted.

"You did this? The house, and having Anya and Phoebe come here?" I asked.

"Yeah... If you don't want it, I can undo it all."

I smiled, and minding the baby, threw myself into her arms.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too."

"Are you sure this is what you want? The kids, and the house?"

"I wouldn't have done it if I wasn't sure." She said firmly.

{It's incredibly short, but there's quite a bit of plot development so I hope you'll excuse the length.}