Chapter 54: Ninja Roll

Kai is outside, running around as he tries to find the right building.

At the palace, Chen announces the competitors for the next match.

Chen: "Skylor, Master of Amber,"

She is holding a long spear.

"versus Jacob, Master of Sound"

He strums his instrument lightly.

"Fight! Fight!"

Skylor starts to point with her spear.

Skylor: "Eenie, meenie, minie, moe. Catch a Jadeblade by its toe!" (She throws the spear at a vase, revealing a bow and some arrows)

Jacob strums his guitar. Skylor sneaks around with the bow and aims it at him. She shoots an arrow, but Jacob feels it moving, so he dodges it.

Skylor shoots two more arrows, but he dodges those as well. He jumps onto one of the arrows and strums his instrument loudly, creating a sound wave that goes for Skylor. She dodges it and it breaks open a vase, as everyone in the crowd cover there ears.

Garmadon: "Master of Sound's gotten stronger since the last time I saw him"

Jacob strums his instrument as he looks around. Skylor sneaks behind him and taps his back, absorbing his power.

Jacob walks towards the vase he broke earlier and picks up the Shurikens from inside of them. He listens for movement, and then throws them at Skylor, which she narrowly avoids, and breaks open another vase.

Meanwhile, Kai had made it to the right temple, and started squeezing past the other elemental master, stepping on there feet as he went.

Kai: "Excuse me. Excuse me. Uh, don't mean to block your view. Just passing through" (he finally makes it to the other ninja) "Sorry, all of these temples look the same. Did I miss anything?"

Jay: "Ugh. But the looks of it, you didn't miss much" (He points to everyone he upset) "Maybe we shouldn't be sitting together. I mean, the more they think we're a team, the bigger targets we put on ourselves"

Lloyd: "Don't say that, we are a team. Sure we just lost Cole and still can't find Zane, but we're a team. Just smaller. All the more reason to stick together"

Kai: (he jumps up) "Skylor's fighting!?"

Skylor sends a fireball towards Jacob, but he blocks it with his instrument, setting it on fire. He waves the instrument, trying to put it out.

Garmadon: "What has him so excited?"

Jay: "He had a crush on her until he found out they might be related" (Garmadon looks over to (Y/N), confused)

(Y/N): "While he was perving on her, he saw her use fire"

Garmadon: "Her element isn't Fire. She's the Master of Amber, power of absorption. She can emulate the power of anyone she's touched"

Kai: (He perks up) "You're telling me we're not related!?"

Jay: "Oh, boy. Here we go again"

Skylor uses Jacob's power and breaks open another vase, revealing blow-darts. He picks up the blow-darts and shoots it at Skylor twice. Skylor giggles as she realizes where she is.

Skylor does a cartwheel and Jacob shoots darts at her, poking holes into the cloth wall, and letting air in. Jacob looks around, confused as he now can't figure out where she is.

Meanwhile, Skylor breaks the final vase, grabs the Jadeblade, and lifts it into the air as everyone cheers for her.

Kai: "Yes! Go Skylor!"