2

Arden sat in her room reading up on everyone's file she pulled, when she got a text from Agent Hill.

MISSION ALERT. Extraction imminent.

"Suit up, wheels up in 20." Steve demands walking past her room, but his eyes didn't even glance at her once.

She pretended to salute him as he walk past, making Nat smirk as she leaned against her doorframe. Nat nodded her head, so Arden got up, following them into the locker room to get dressed and grab her things. Looking back as she slips on her suit, getting a peek at Steve shirtless, seeing his toned arms, turning back around to grab her things. She followed behind Steve onto the jet, noticing the scowl on his face, taking the shield off his back.

"What's wrong with you, Captain Moody?" Arden teased him.

"Just stay out of my way and follow orders." Steve scolded, walking past her.

Arden scoffed smiling, slightly pleased for getting under his skin, taking a seat near the screens.

"He's always moody, you'll get used to it." Nat advised her, taking a seat next to her.

"He doesn't know, I'm kinda his boss, does he?" Arden asks her.

"No, he does not." She scoffs.

Once they got closer to their destination, Arden stood up near the screens.

"All right, everybody listen up." She announces, and they all gather around her and the screen, Steve hesitating before Nat nudged him.

"Target is a mobile satellite launch platform, the Lemurian Star." She adds, tapping the screen, showing the blueprint.

"They were sending up their last payload when pirates took them, 93 minutes ago." Rumlow added.

"Any demands?" Steve asks, gripping the belt of his suit, Arden glanced down, then back up at him, noticing that Nat saw her eyes travel.

"Billion and a half." Rumlow answered.

"Why so steep?" Steve adds.

"Because it's S.H.I.E.L.D's." Rumlow answered. 

"So it's not off-course. It's trespassing." Steve comments, looking directly at Arden.

"I'm sure they have a good reason." Nat defends.

"You know, I'm getting a little tired of being Fury's janitor." Steve complains to Natasha.

"Relax, it's not that complicated." Arden scolds him.

Nat smirks, "How many pirates?"

"25. Top mercs led by this guy." Rumlow answers, pulling up a photo of Georges Batroc. "Ex-GDSE, Action Division. He's at the top of Interpol's Red Notice. Before the French demobilized him, he had 36 kill missions. This guy's got a rep for maximum casualties."

"Hostages?" Steve adds.

"Mostly techs." Arden answered, sliding the screen to pull up the list of staff on board. "One officer, Jasper Sitwell. They're in the galley."

"What's Sitwell doing on a launch ship?" Steve mumbles to himself. "All right, I'm gonna sweep the deck and find Batroc. Nat, you kill the engines and wait for instructions. Rumlow and Lee, you sweep aft, find the hostages, get them to the life rafts and get them out of there."

Everyone looks from Steve to Arden for permission and she nods.

"You heard him, gear up." Arden demanded.

"I'll let you have this one, Cap." She added, walking towards the back of the jet, stopping right next to Steve, before walking away.

"Secure channel seven." Arden said into her comms.