31

omg new update, i didn't realize this posted without all of its content, or if it did and somehow got deleted when editing but i have updated this chapter. if it did post and somehow got deleted the storyline has changed in this chapter. so enjoyyyyy

~~~

The aroma of coffee woke Arden up the next morning, and so did the presence of Bucky beside her. She groaned, sitting herself up and stealing the mug from Bucky from his hand, raising it to thank him.

"What time is it?" Arden mumbled, taking in the coffee like it was medicine.

"8:30." Bucky answered. "We should probably head out if we're going to make it there in time."

"I'm not going." Arden exhaled, staying in bed.

"Arden." Bucky pushed.

"I'll be fine. Go, you're going to be late." She gave him a weak smile, and he nodded, not pressing her further and leaving the apartment.

Steve came out with Sam, dressed in his black suit and freshly shaved face, looking around at Bruce and Bucky but no Arden to be found.

"You know if you want, I could come with you." Sam offered, walking Steve to the platform.

Steve stops right before the steps and smiles softly at Sam.

"You're a good man, Sam. This one's on me though." Steve declines, heading to Bucky.

They smirk at one another, like best friends do.
"Don't do anything stupid 'till I get back."

Bucky silently chuckles. "How can I? You're taking all the stupid with you."

Steve laughed with him, before dropping his smile.

"Do you know where she is? I thought she'd be here by now." Steve brought up Arden.

Bucky shook his head. "No, I'm sorry."

Steve nodded, pulling Bucky in for a quick hug before stepping onto the platform.

"It'll be alright." Bucky reassured him.

"All right, here we go. In three..." Bruce announced.

"See you in a sec." Steve pushed a small nervous smile.

"Two... One..."

In press of a button Steve disappeared.

Meanwhile, Arden snapped her fingers to the nearest place she could get drunk. New Asgard. With slamming Asgardian Ale, she was drunk off her ass in moments, forcing Valkyrie out of her duties by concerned citizens. Valkyrie walked into the bar spotting a drunken friend like deja vu.

"You forced them to open the bar for you at 8:30 in the morning?" Valkyrie sat on the stool beside Arden.

"I wanted to get a drink with an old friend." Arden slurred, referring to Valkyrie.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Valkyrie asked.

"No, I want another drink." Arden smiled, waving the bartender towards them.

"Another ale for my oldest friend and a refill for me, please." Arden drunkly smiled.

When Steve made his way back to the army grounds, back into the halls after returning the stone he spotted Peggy, flipping pages in a brief folder, and smiled. Casually walking up to her, Peggy's eyes stayed on the file.

"Agent Carter, do you have a second?" Steve asked.

"Does it look like I have a-" Peggy started to scold, but the second her eyes looked up at the familiar blue ones, she was shocked with silence for the first time in a long time.