3

Fury walked into his office seeing Arden sitting in front of his desk, waiting for him.

"Captain Rogers is requesting to see me." Fury informed her, taking a seat in his chair.

She scoffed, sitting up straight. "Yeah, he's not very happy with me, so he won't be happy that you had different orders for me."

"He'll get over it." Fury assured her.

"He'll never trust me." She commented.

"Give it time." Fury added. "You change your mind about Project Insight?"

She shook her head, getting up from the chair. "No, leave me out of it."

As soon as she walked out of his office, Steve was walking towards her, didn't even glance at her and walked past.

Since she didn't have much to do for the day, she went to visit an old friend. Knocking on the door, walking in, she smiled at the woman laying in her bed.

"Arden Lee. Or should I say Cora Johnson?" Peggy smiled, surprised to see her.

"Hi Peggy." Arden greeted, pulling up a chair next to her bed.

"You look young. As always." Peggy let out.

Arden chuckled, nodding. "Sunscreen helps with the aging."

Peggy chuckled, letting out a breath. "What are you doing here?"

"Fury asked for a favor." She lied.

"He's pretty stern on those favors." Peggy played along, and she nodded.

"It's so good to see you, Peggy. Thank you for keeping my secret, old friend." Arden held her hand.

"He looks good doesn't he?" Peggy asked, referring to Steve.

Arden scoffed, narrowing her eyes at her. "How'd you know I saw him?"

"You only hide a smile like that around a man like Steve Rogers." Peggy informed her.

"Was it that obvious I was crushing on him in the 40s?" Arden asked and Peggy nodded.

"I would never do that to you." She added.

"You were always there, even if he didn't know it." Peggy reminded her.

"He doesn't like me very much." Arden informed her, and Peggy chuckled, shaking her head.

"That's because he's intimidated by strong women."

They both laughed, Arden releasing her hand when she received a text from Agent Hill.

URGENT. SHIELD COMPROMISED. FURY DOWN.

"Peggy, I gotta go. I'll come see you soon, okay?" Arden stood up.

"Duty calls." Peggy understood, and Arden smiled, walking towards the door.

"Arden." Peggy calls after her, she turns around to look at her. "Take care of him for me."

Arden gave her a weak smile, then running out the door to her car. She drove quickly to the address Hill sent her on their secure line, running into the room. A glass window into the surgery room, seeing Steve and Natasha standing against the window watching.

"Tell me about the shooter." Arden demanded, walking up to the window.

"He's fast. Strong. Had a metal arm." Steve answered lowly, turning to look at her.

Arden could feel herself lose herself. Everything around her starting to crumble, everything from her past starting to catch up with her, squeezing her hand into a fist before she lost herself to her emotions in front of everyone.