21

"Oh great, look who's outside." Tony mentioned, making Arden look up from her phone as they pulled up to the compound.

"Not great." Arden scolded him, pushing her sunglasses up further on her nose. 

Tony pulled up to the building, passing Steve slightly to be dramatic, reversing and putting his window down. Steve looked at them both before looking away out onto the distance. 

"Why the long face?" Tony teased him. 

"Let me guess, he turned into a baby." Arden added, leaning onto the middle console.

"Among other things, yeah. What are you two doing here?" Steve replied. 

"It's the EPR paradox." Arden explained, getting out the car with Tony. 

"Instead of pushing him through time, you might've wound up pushing time through Lang. It's tricky, dangerous even. Somebody should have cautioned you against it." Tony added, pulling a conceited tone. 

"You did." Steve gave into his ego. 

"Oh, did I?" Tony kept it going. "Well, thank God I'm here." 

Arden rolling her eyes, walking around the car to stand by them.  

"Anyways, we fixed it." Arden jumped in, holding up her hand with a wrist gadget around her palm. 

"A fully functioning time-space GPS." Tony announced. "I just want peace." He added, holding up two fingers. 

Steve gave in, smiling at Tony's sarcasm and egotistical comments. 

"Turns out resentment is corrosive, and I hate it. At least that's what she had me practice saying.  Did I say it right, princess?" Tony looked over at Arden. 

She pushed him as she walked towards the trunk of the car, opening it. 

"Me too." Steve agreed. 

"We got a shot at getting these stones, but I gotta tell you my priorities. Bring back what we lost, I hope, yes. Keep what I found, I have to, at all costs. And maybe not die trying. Would be nice." Tony pleaded, taking a step towards Steve. 

"Sounds like a deal." Steve agreed, holding out his hand. 

Once they shook hands, Arden smirked to herself. 

"Now that you boys made up." She announced, pulling out Steve's shield, handing it to Tony.

"Tony, I don't know." Steve sighed. 

"Why? He made it for you." Tony reassured. 

"Yeah, if we don't get it out of the garage, I might take Morgan sledding on it." Arden joked, making Steve snicker. As Steve held the shield once again, she could see the light come back to his face. Like he got back a part of him that was missing. 

"Will you keep that a little quiet? Didn't bring one for the whole team. We are getting the whole team, yeah?" 

"We're working on it." Steve answered Tony. 

Tony smiled, patting Steve on the shoulder, walking past him to go inside. Arden shut the trunk, beginning to follow him but a hand grabbed her arm, stopping her in her tracks. 

"Arden." Steve pleaded, looking at her with his very blue eyes. 

"I know you don't owe me anything, but thank you for coming with Tony." He thanked her. 

"Who do you think convinced him to come?" She countered with a small smile, pulling her arm back gently. When she made it inside, she said her hellos to Scott, Bruce and Nat, catching up with them quickly as Rocket, Rhodey and Nebula joined them.