22

The next few days Rocket, Bruce, Tony, Nebula and Arden worked on building their time machine nonstop. Arden took whatever chance she could get to avoid Steve, making Rocket promise her to save her when they saw him coming towards them, making up some project for her to do instead. 

"How's it going Ratchet?" Tony asked aloud. 

"It's Rocket. And you're only a genius on Earth, buddy." Rocket replied, hanging upside down with a hammer. 

"He's not wrong." Arden agreed, patting Tony on the back before checking on Nebula with the time travel suits. 

"Nice ink." Arden teased Clint, walking into the room as he dressed in the suit. 

"Hey, kid." He greeted her. 

"You still call me kid, but you know I'm like way older than you right?" Arden smirked. 

"Yeah, but you'll always be that punk I met in Tokyo." Clint teased back. 

"Wait a second. Let me ask you something. If we can do this, you know, go back in time. Why don't we just find baby Thanos? You know and..." Rhodey spoke up, acting out tying a rope and strangling. 

"First of all that's terrible." Bruce denied, as Arden pursed her lips. "And secondly, time travel doesn't work that way. Changing the past doesn't change the future." 

"We go back and get the stones before Thanos, and that way he never gets them. Problem solved." Scott jumps in. 

"Bingo." Clint agrees.

 "That's not how it works." Nebula mutters. 

Rhodey and Scott start naming time travel movies that they think the rules go by, but then Bruce tries to explain the best he can to them, but they still don't understand. Once Nebula finished suiting up Clint, they did the test run on him. They sent Clint off for about 2 seconds before Clint reappeared on the ground, shouting. They ran up to him, Nat picking him up, making sure he was okay. 

"It worked." Clint announced, tossing a baseball glove to Tony. They all smiled, heading to the conference room to finalize their plans. 

"Okay, so the how works. Now, we gotta figure out the when and where. Everyone in this room has had an encounter with at least one of the six Infinity Stones." Steve started the meeting. 

"Or substitute the word 'encounter' for 'damn near been killed' by one of the six Infinity Stones." Tony corrected. 

"Well, we haven't." Scott spoke up, waving his finger between him and Arden. 

"Speak for yourself, Lang." She commented, patting his shoulder. Tony and Steve looked at Arden confused. 

"I may or may not have had one in my possession once upon a time." Arden mysteriously explained. 

"Regardless, we only have enough Pym Particles for one round-trip each. And these stones have been in a lot of different places throughout history." Bruce mentioned. 

"Our history. So, not a lot of convenient spots to just drop in, yeah?" Tony reminded them all.

 "Which means we have to pick our targets." Clint added. 

"So, let's start with the Aether. Thor, what do you know?" Steve asked. 

Everyone looked to the corner of the room, where Thor sat with his sunglasses on with one hand slightly tucked into his pants, exposing the bottom part of his large stomach quietly. 

"Is he asleep?" Nat asked.

"No, I'm pretty sure he's dead." Rhodey answered sarcastically. 

Arden sighed, picking up a water bottle from the table and obliterating her brother with it, abruptly waking him up.