7

They headed towards headquarters, needing to find a safehouse to regroup, and straighten out their plan to stop the helicarriers from killing millions.

"Insight's launching in 16 hours. We're cutting it a little close here." Arden leaned in the front seat, informing Steve.

"I know. We'll use him to bypass the DNA scan and access the helicarriers directly." Steve suggested.

"What? Are you crazy?" Sitwell leaned forward. "That is a terrible, terrible i-"

A thud hit the top of the car, a second later an arm reached through the back window, pulling Sitwell through the window and throwing him onto the oncoming traffic of the highway. 

Arden furrowing her brows, noticing whoever it was, climb fully onto the top of the car, shooting rounds off into the backseat. She groaned, quickly climbing to the passenger seat into Steve's lap. His arms covering her as the bullets scattered around them. Steve managing to move the gear shift into park, throwing off the man on the roof of the car off.

They watch as the man's metal arm, slows his landing, standing up at staring at them in the car. Before they could react, a truck slammed into them from behind, moving their stopped car towards the man, as he jumped back on top of the roof. 

Sam slammed on the breaks, while Arden reached onto her holster, pointing the gun at the roof, shooting at the man after he pulled the steering wheel right from Sam's hands through the windshield. Being careful to not shoot him, but shoot close enough to scare him off. 

"Shit!" Sam shouted. 

Their car began to swerve, hitting the concrete railings of the highway, throwing them side to side. 

"Hang on!" Steve shouts, pulling Sam with his left hand, while his right arm, pushes the passenger door open with his shield, while also holding onto Arden. 

The three of them go sliding across the highway, as their car flips near them, Sam rolling off while Steve held onto Arden. When they stopped sliding, they quickly got up, looking up the highway, the man was holding a grenade launcher, aimed right at them. 

Steve pushed Arden out of the way, holding up his shield, but it was too strong, sending Steve flying off of the highway, down onto the street into a public bus. Arden hiding behind a car, coming up every so often to shoot her hand gun at the man along with his team. Natasha pulled up on her motorcycle, jumping off as she slid it towards the other men distracting them. 

"Go!" Arden shouted at Natasha, running behind her. 

A grenade was shot towards their direction, hitting a car, Arden dove behind another car while Natasha was able to leap off the bridge, shooting a hook against the edge of the bridge, swinging her down safely. 

"Arden!" Sam shouted from behind another car near her. 

"I'm on it." She replied, sneaking up behind a mercenary near the edge of the bridge with her knife.

Kicking the back of his leg, making him stumble, then wounding him with her knife before kicking him off of the bridge. She tossed the gun the gun to Sam, taking a step back from the bridge, taking a deep breath. 

"Cover me." She ordered, and he nodded.

She attached herself to the line attached to the hood of a car from the mercenary, repelling down and running towards Steve hiding behind a car.

"Go! I got this!" Sam shouts to them. 

They nod at each other before running on opposite sides of the street, trying to find Nat. When Arden spotted her, she was running down the street, shouting at civilians to take cover, spotting the Winter Soldier aiming his gun at Nat. Arden swung her hand at the last second, wrapping her arm around him trying to disarm him but he throws her off. 

Steve making his way head on towards them, putting up his shield as the man punched the shield, then kicking Steve off of him. Arden got up, fighting on opposite sides as Steve trying to make some type of move on the Winter Soldier. She picked herself off the ground again, running towards Steve's shield embedded into the side of a van, pulling it out.

"Steve!" She shouted, getting his attention quickly, throwing it his way.

Watching him wedge the shield between him and the Winter Soldier's arm, flipping him over his back, pulling his face mask down with him. Arden catching up with Steve as they watch the man turn around, exposing his entire face and Arden held her breath, looking at him like she saw a ghost. 

"Bucky?" Steve let out breathless.

"Who the hell is Bucky?" He asked back, walking towards them when Sam flew in, kicking back Bucky onto the ground. 

He was quick to get up, staring at Steve and Arden before Natasha shot off a round, hitting the car near Bucky, causing it to explode, allowing him to disappear in the smoke. It didn't take long with all the ruckus for Rumlow to find them. Rumlow and his team, piling out of vans, aiming their guns at them, demanding for Steve to drop his shield. Steve looked at Arden, who nodded at him, like he was looking for permission, and he obliged, putting his hands up. 

"Pointing a gun at Captain America in public is not a good look, Rumlow." Arden mentioned, peeking a look above her.

Rumlow looked up in the sky, spotting a news channel helicopter in the sky, demanding his second man to put down the gun. He pulled Arden off the ground in handcuffs, throwing her in the back of a armored truck along with the others. 

"I don't understand." Steve spoke up. "He looked right at me like he didn't even know me." 

"How is that even possible? It was, like, 70 years ago." Sam commented. 

"Zola. Bucky's whole unit was captured in '43. Zola experimented on him. Whatever he did helped Bucky survive the fall. They must have found him and..." Steve theorized. 

Arden stayed quiet, unable to look at any of them. 

"None of that's your fault, Steve." Natasha tried comforting him.

"Even when I had nothing, I had Bucky." Steve added, looking away.

Natasha leaned her head back, Arden noticing the bullet wound in her shoulder, oozing out blood. 

"We need a doctor in here. If we don't put pressure on that wound, she's gonna bleed out in this truck." Sam noticed, scolding the guards in the back with them.

One held up their taser baton, then electrocuted the other guard until he fell down. Taking off their helmet, it revealed Maria Hill.

"Ah, that thing was squeezing my brain." She complained, looking straight at Sam then at Steve. 

"Who's this guy?" Hill asked and Arden smirked. 

"When we stop we got about a 30 second window to get out." Hill informed them, getting out of the guard's suit. 

When they stopped, Hill lasered the ground of the van, a circle big enough for them to escape, going down into a sewer leading them to a get away van. 

"I was beginning to think you were rusty." Arden teased Maria, getting into the van. 

"Funny." Maria teased her, shutting the door behind them.