6.

He aimed.

He shot.

He missed.

We laughed as Richie gripped the gun tightly. "Shut up" he scowled. Abby kept laughing with her fingers in her ears. "SHUT UP!" Richie yelled, "Jerk."

"Check out dirty Harry" Claude sniggered. "Where're glasses when you need 'em most huh?" I mocked. "Watch this baby," Richie smirked at me.

He aimed again.

He shot again.

He missed again.

Claude and Johnny laughed at Richie's failure.

"Come on it's my turn to shoot Richie, cmon" Abby begged as Richie stormed up to the coke can and smacked it away angrily. "Wait Claude didn't shoot yet" Richie replied as Cory and Carl showed up. The two girls began bickering over who was to shoot the gun next.

"Abby!" Cory whined. With a sigh, Abby handed over the pistol. "Wait lemme give you a target," Carl said. He ran up and placed another can on top of the fence. "Hey don't get in front of Cory when she's got the gun" Richie called out "Get outta there man!"

Carl ran back to us. We all covered our ears as Cory aimed and shot, also missing the target. "Ah, I can't hear anything," she said, rubbing her eardrum. "Well, when the cops practice they wear those ear things" Claude mentioned. Then, the boys got into an argument about whose turn it was next.

"What about you, Adrien?" Cory turned to me. I shook my head. "I already stole it and that's enough for me," I said. "You sure? It's pretty fun" she encouraged but I stood my ground. "It's negligent is what it is," I crossed my arms.

Richie and Carl were still in disagreement about the gun.

"I don't want to use it, I told you. Just let him use it, I don't care," Claude snapped.

Richie handed Carl the gun. "It's our last bullet man. Make it count."

Carl aimed.

He shot.

He hit the target.

"Great shot man!" Richie praised. "I wouldn't wanna have you as an enemy man," Claude joked. "That's it for the ammo, let's split" Richie draped his arm around me and we began walking down the dirt road together.

"Hey Claude, Abby told me you got busted yesterday," Cory chatted. "Doberman went right for him. It was bizarre" Richie added. "Like I had see-through pockets," Claude exclaimed. "What did you have?" Cory asked. "A little Hash," Claude answered.

"Didn't know there was any Hash around."

"Yeah, Tip sold me some down at the park Friday night."

"That's funny."

"What's funny?" Richie questioned.

"Well, I heard Tipper got busted" Cory replied. "Well he was doing business the other night," Claude stated. "You think Tip made a deal with Doberman?" Carl hinted. The others agreed. "If he did, what's gonna happen?" I asked. "We're gonna give Tip a little visit" Richie grinned.

That wasn't going to end well at all. The group headed to Tip's house and we snuck around the back. "How are we getting in?" I asked. "Jumping," Richie replied. "I don't wanna fall and bust my ass. My leg's already mangled" I hesitated.

"I got you," Richie told me. He jumped over first with ease and hissed my name to follow. I pulled myself up and over the fence, landing in his arms. "I told you, I got you," he smirked. I pecked his cheek with a kiss. The others quickly jumped over too as we crowded into Tip's garden.

"Hey Tip, how's it going Tip?" Richie sat next to him. Tip, who was on the phone, was startled as we surrounded him. By the look on his face, he knew he was in trouble. Cory and Abby disappeared into the kitchen and I walked behind the boys who led Tip to the balcony.

Carl and Claude held Tip hostage. Johnny and I stood beside each other, watching the scene unfold. "How come Doberman knew you sold the Hash to Claude?" Carl demanded. "How do I know man?" Tip trembled. "You're lying!" Claude snapped.

"Hey my mom's over there, I'm gonna scream" alerted Tip.

Richie drew the unloaded gun from his pocket and aimed. "I'm gonna blow you away Tip," he threatened.

"Hey, that's not real," gulped Tip.

"You've never seen anything so real" Richie taunted.

"You told Doberman who you sold the Hash to, didn't you?" Carl interrogated. "I had to! I got busted last month. I never had a chance" Tip gave up.

Richie spat "A kid who tells on another kid is a dead kid."

"Jesus Christ, for God's sake man put the gun away," Tip cried out. "Goodbye narc," Richie grinned as Johnny lit a firecracker which imitated the sound of a gunshot, spooking Tip and alerting the adults. "Oh my God, what are you doing?!" Tip's mother screamed in desperation from across the lake.

"Come on let's get outta here," urged Carl. "First, let's dunk this chump" Richie sneered. I watched as Richie, Carl, Johnny and Claude threw Tip over the wooden railing, sending him flying down into the water that encircled his house.

"Hey, I can't swim!" Tip pleaded.

"Grown fins, turkey" Richie mocked.

"I'll see you in jail" Tip's mother hollered. "Up yours lady" Richie yelled back, even doing the obscene gesture. We ran away down the balcony and slid out through a hole at the end, running across the grass. Cory and Abby were carrying a box of stolen food they had swiped from the pantry.

The group headed out to the fields. We drank a bottle of Whiskey (which tasted strange) and the effectiveness of the alcohol took over. "I'm drowning, I'm drowning," Carl mimicked Tip and we laughed hysterically.

We stayed out until late evening getting drunk. Eventually, Claude and Johnny had to leave. Before Cory left, she ran over to Carl and kissed him, then said goodbye leaving with Abby. Carl was ever so happy, I mean everybody knew they liked each other.

"I better get going too," I said. "Hey wait," Richie pulled me aside so Carl couldn't hear "Meet me tonight at the condo," he whispered. "Tonight? What for?" I whispered back. "Be there, alright? Just me and you," he pleaded.

"Yeah okay, I'll be there," I smiled.

"Y'all lovebirds coming or what?" Carl called out impatiently.

"Calm down before you get your panties in a twist," Richie rolled his eyes. The boys walked me home and when I closed the front door behind me, my parents hounded me with questions. "Where have you been? We haven't heard from you all day," Mom questioned.

"I was hanging out with my friends, next time I'll leave a note," I replied.

"Youse ain't getting into trouble are ya?" Dad raised his eyebrow. I shook my head. "Nope, just having fun at the Rec," I lied. They believed me. After dinner, I excused myself to bed early. They thought I was getting ready to sleep. I wasn't tired, not when I was going to sneak out to see Richie.