14.

Everyone knows that the weekend consists only of two days. Well, being grounded in my household made it feel like an eternity. On Monday morning, I didn't dare to say a word to my parents. I didn't thank Mom when she fixed me a nice breakfast and I avoided looking at Dad.

As previously declared, he drove me to school. I felt jealous seeing the other kids walking or riding of their own free will even though I did this to myself. At fourteen, you think you rule the world. I was learning the harsh way that I, in fact, did not. "I'll be waiting here after school," Dad parked up by the curb. 

I still didn't acknowledge him, even when I heard him sigh heavily.

Walking into the building, I was tensed up. Although my parents weren't there, I felt like they were watching my every move. I jammed my fists into my dungaree pockets, keeping my head low as I scurried towards class. 

Totally unaware that Richie was sneaking behind me, I gasped when I felt a pair of hands grab my waist and pull me into the boys' toilet. When I realized it was him, I fussed. "Richie I can't be in the boys' toilet!"

"I haven't heard from you all weekend but that's what you're worried about? The men's room?"

"The note didn't work okay? My dad won't even let me breathe by myself. Richie...I really messed up this time."

"So apologize? He'll have to get over it eventually."

I shook my head. "No. Look, I better get outta here before someone catches us."

"I don't care, besides we got privacy" he went straight for my neck, pinning me against the wall as he kissed my skin. "Richie, c'mon, please...We can't" I hesitated. He peeled back with a harsh frown.

"It's really that bad, huh?"

"Yeah, it is. Richie, what are we going to do? I don't want to break up with you. I want to keep seeing you every day" I sulked, knotting my hands into his shirt. He stayed silent for a moment, gently rubbing my back.

"Your parents can't stop us. They won't. Tell you what, let's run away tonight."

"Oh yeah," I rolled my eyes playfully "Cause running away last time worked so well."

"Me and you, we can escape to Sweetwater. Start a new life together and never come back. We'll grow up, have babies, and die old together."

I giggled a little. "Richie, be serious. You're just saying that to cheer me up."

Richie shook my shoulders loosely. "I'm serious Adrien. This place sucks. Adults suck. Let's run away together baby, I mean it."

By the pleading glint in his eyes, I couldn't say no. I could never say no to Richie. "Okay baby, tonight. I promise" I whispered. He broke into a relieved smile before kissing me. The bell eventually rang for class but we didn't budge.

"How about we head up to the roof?" He suggested.

"Yeah sure," I grinned.

Holding my hand, Richie lead the way as we snuck up to the rooftop. It was a sunny day, and the clear blue skies allowed us to see the view for miles. We sat together, me in his lap, his arms wrapped tightly around my body as we gazed longingly around.

"You wanna know something? I want to meet your brother," he said. "You would?" My face lit up. "He sounds cool. Do you think he would like me?" Richie replied. I thought about it. Andrew wasn't much of a troublemaker himself but if he were to see how much Richie meant to me, he would be happy for us.

"Yeah, he would. There's not long left until summer vacation. It'll be a blast" I smiled.

We stayed up on the rooftop planning our future. We settled on two kids and a puppy dog. We'd have a cosy family apartment, and Richie would have enough money to buy a Kawasaki 350 to take me for rides. The best part is that we would be far away from New Granada in our own private paradise.