Orion x (Y/n) x Kota: A Sunflower And A Rose

(Y/n) was very excited about January 4th. Every year, not only was there a massive party to celebrate the birth of one of the - if not the most - powerful person in the world, but she got to see him happier than at any other time. He always gave a bright and wide smile and hugged her arm so tightly while snuggling against her. Orion's birthday had only recently become one of his favorite events of the year, particularly because the younger girl made it a point to give her undivided attention to him.

In fact, he was so excited about his birthday that year he had even canceled most of his usual festivities just to be with her. He made sure that they would do whatever she wanted and that he could take his time to enjoy it. Of course, he didn't think as far as figuring out what to do for the day, but he figured the younger girl knew him better than he did anyway. The entire week leading up to his birthday, he had been anticipating the moment he could see her again.

She was so busy with her job, after all. Not that he blamed her! It was admirable for her to work so hard, and the few times he had seen her work, he couldn't deny the attractiveness of her confidence. She was really, really confident, too. After taking a high-ranking executive position for the Akahito family, you would have to be. Orion blushed whenever he thought about it. She was so mature.

As the (h/c) haired girl entered the palace grounds, the nearby servants gaped at her presence. Many began to chatter about how excited their prince was going to be the moment he set eyes on her. Of course, his love for her was well-known, and many were glad for it. He had gone through so much, after all, and now he was healthy enough to go outside whenever he wanted and even start carrying out his royal duties. Most attributed the change to his love for the younger girl and vice versa as though it were a fairy tale, not that it was untrue.

"(Y/n)!" Presley beamed, greeting the girl with a low bow of the waist, "You came early. I'm sure his highness will be thrilled!"

"I thought I'd surprise him. Since I was in Athain, I even brought some of his favorite ramen for him. Would you happen to know where he is?"

"Ah...," the coral-haired male chuckled nervously, resting his hand on his sword's hilt, "He had another guest come by earlier, so he's been spending time with them for a while now. They should be in the east wing. I'll lead the way..."

The younger girl looked around as they moved through the palace. Everything was all done up to celebrate the orange-haired male, no doubt something his mother arranged for him. Of course, considering the tired look in Presley's eyes, he had a hand in it as well, but whether or not the boy's father had dropped by was anyone's guess. He was probably too timid to do so, thinking his son a prince before his child. Still, it would have been nice for Orion to have a surprise like that. She would have to give the man a call.

"So? Who decided to drop by the palace? Since you called them a 'guest', I'm guessing it's not Zuki or Ichi. Not Rei either. Maybe Akari? They're good friends."

"Ah, well, he's...in all due honesty, I wouldn't call him a 'guest' as much as he is an uninvited child. But...his highness seemed excited to get along with him. The only issue is that I'm fairly certain our 'guest' is scheming something. You will tell me if he tries something, won't you? I can't have anyone get in the way of his highness having a great birthday!"

"You worry too much," (Y/n) chuckled, watching as the chief of staff blushed in shame, "but, yes, I aim for the same thing. You should enjoy today, too. You weren't planning on working during the party?"

"Well, actually..."

"You weren't, right?"

Under the weight of the girl's forceful words, the coral-haired male shrunk. He chuckled nervously, putting on a clearly pressured smile. Regardless, now he couldn't stand by and watch but join and enjoy. Last year, he had only focused on making sure the party went smoothly than enjoying it with Orion. If he got one day a year to relax and participate in such activities, she would have far preferred it to be the boy's birthday.