Jackpot

"Feeling good as gold and just like the birds at dawn, I gotta get it out."

Ophelia's eyes flutter open at the sound of Austin singing softly. There is no one else except her and Austin, they had fallen asleep in the tree house and now that Ophelia is awake she can see it's morning. They had slept in the tree house the whole night.

"Does she love me? I must confess I can't breathe without her, without her, without her."

The singing continues. It's sweet and smooth yet grainy, like crystallized honey. Austin is singing softly but still, his voice makes all the hairs on Ophelia's arms prickle and stand up like there is electricity in the air. She had heard him singing before but his songs were always shrouded in heavy beats and strings of fast-paced mumbled lyrics. Also, the type of music he sings is not her type of music. So although she heard his music every now and then she never paid much attention to it. But now like this during the quietness dawn brings with no backing track, only his raw early morning voice, Ophelia feels like his voice has her in hypnosis. Austin runs the tips of his fingers up and down her arm as he sings and Ophelia has to remind herself that she is still on earth - even though she may not feel like it.

"Everybody loves my baby, but nobody loves my baby like I love my baby. No-" he stops when they hear Ophelia's name being called from the house. Ophelia gets the urge to swear under her breath and one day she will. Maybe one day she will even swear straight to someone's face. They hear her name being called again and Austin chuckles a little. "That's your name, baby. You just gonna ignore whoever is wailing your name like at?" he asks. Ophelia sighs and snuggles in closer to his side - if that's even possible. "Would you judge me if I ignore it?" she asks. Austin chuckles again. "Nope," he says swearing under his breath when Ophelia's name is called again. "It's my assistant, Jessica," Ophelia informs him. "Assistant? She sounds more like a dying penguin, fuck me," he complains. Ophelia's name is called again, this time Jessica sounds closer. She must be walking down toward the tree house. Ophelia sits up and looks at Austin who is already looking back at her with a soft smile. He looks handsome. "Can I make up a rule now?" she asks him and without hesitation he nods. "Rule number two, no one knows this is a PR relationship, besides just the two of us. I don't want anyone from my team to know about this...maybe Joe. But that's it. Ok?" she asks. Austin frowns as he takes her words in but then shrugs. "Sure thing, baby," he says. He opens his mouth to say something but then Jessica's shrill voice comes from just below them.

"Ophelia! Ophelia! I know you are up there. Come down right now! You have had me hunting all over this fucking house for you. Get down now or I will call someone to bash this stupid treehouse down!"

Austin frowns, but not a confused frown or a thinking frown like he has been doing with Ophelia. No, this is a mad frown. A pissed-off frown. "I thought you said she was your assistant," he says. Ophelia sighs and nods then moves for the door. "She is," she says. But Austin stops her and pulls her back to him. "What are you doing?" he asks. "Well I am going down to meet her and see what she wants," Ophelia says. "Ok and what do you really want to do?" he asks. "I...ummm. I want to tell her to go away. That it's her day off and mine so she should not even be here. I want to tell her to stop bugging me," she answers. Austin grins at her, "so what are you going tell her?" he asks. "I am going to tell her what I want to tell her, not what I feel obligated to," she says. Austin laughs out loud. "Now you are getting it, baby," he says. "Ophelia! Who is up there with you? Are you not alone? Get down here right now!" Jessica shrieks. Ophelia moves for the door again but, again, Austin stops her and points at the window. Ophelia nods and moves for the window but then Austin stops her again. "Wait. I have an idea," he says and grabs the hem of her shirt. Ophelia squeaks and bats his hands away. "What are you doing?" she asks. "Relax. Just trust me," he says. Ophelia watches him for a moment then nods her head. She does trust him. He grabs the hem of her shirt and this time also closes his eyes. Then he pulls her shirt off over her head and then passes it back to her. "Cover your front," he says softly. Ophelia does as he says and then lets him know she is covered. He opens his eyes then moves one of her bra straps off her shoulder and messes up her hair. "Now go," he says. Ophelia notices his voice is a little husky now.