Hand & Knees

Dinner is yet again a media frenzy, it feels like any public setting that involves Austin and Ophelia is now a circus of flashing lights and screaming fans. Ophelia is caught off guard when she hears not only Austin's name being called but hers too. "They are calling for you, baby," Austin says as they push through the crowd with Leon to the restaurant doors, Joe has her parents safely behind them. Once inside the restaurant, they are led to a table by a huge set of windows, Rod and Oliver are already seated and waiting for them. After they order, Austin, Oliver, and Ophelia's father get stuck into planning their Bigfoot hunt and so Ophelia chats with her mom and Rod, Austin keeps his hand on her thigh at all times. "Baby, how long can we go for?" Austin suddenly asks her. Ophelia stops eating and stares at him. He is asking her? "We can go for as long as you like," she says. She was never asked about her opinion in the past, she feels a little overwhelmed by the silly little question. "I didn't ask that, baby, how long? You're the boss," he says. "Oh...uh...a week...two weeks...I don't know...how long do you want to go for?" she asks, blinking away the tears. Why is she so stupidly emotional about him giving her the reins? She feels dumb. "Holy crap that man really fucked you up," Oliver says. "Shut up," Rod says slapping his arm. Austin shoots him a deathly glare then turns to Ophelia, his face softens. "Explain, baby, tell me what's wrong," he says.

"Oh, I am sorry. I can be so silly sometimes."

"You are not silly. Tell me, please."

"It's just...you caught me off guard. You asked me to make a decision that I was never given the option to make in the past and it just hit me right here," she says tapping her heart. "You make me feel like I am something and that may not seem like such a big thing but when you have felt like nothing for so long...it hits you," she tries to explain. "I get it, baby, I get it. You have the option now. Tell me how long we can go for," he says softly. "Ten days and then I would like to spend a weekend alone with you at a spa," she says, go big or go home. "You give a woman just a little bit of power and she walks all over you," Austin laughs, "but that sounds perfect. I could not have thought of a better plan myself," he says kissing her cheek. "Ophelia, I am really sorry. Sometimes my mouth starts before my brain does," Oliver says. "Sometimes?" Rod and Austin say at the same time. "It's ok, Oliver, I know you didn't mean any harm. Besides, it's true, he did mess me up. But I am ok now...just takes some getting used to that's all. Here, have my chocolates they will make you feel better," Ophelia says passing her dessert that Oliver had previously been secretly eyeing. His face lights up and he takes the plate from her. "Thank you! Don't let this one go brother, she is a keeper," he says as Rod rolls her eyes. "I don't think I could even if I tried," Ausrin mumbles.

"I am going to kill him, rip his head off, and shove it up his butt."

Everyone at the table turns to Ophelia's dad with their mouths dropped open. "Calm down, Luke, remember your blood pressure," Ophelia's mother says stroking his arm. "I will not calm down, Patsy, that Jim is, is, is a bloody...bloody...flopwapper and I am going to punch him when I see him again."

"Luke!"

"Now I know that is violent and we don't promote that, I also apologize for my language with you ladies at the table too, but I am just so mad right now. I mean it, Patsy, if I see him again I am going clock him square in the jaw. But maybe Austin should punch me first for letting this go on for so long. Go ahead, Austin, I deserve it. I let my daughter down," he says then closes his eyes and taps his jaw. Austin looks at Ophelia, conflicted. Ophelia giggles and then leans over, kissing her father's cheek.

"I would never let anyone punch you my sweet, wonderful, bigfoot-hunting father. You and mom both warned me and begged me not to marry Jim. But I chose to anyway, none of this is your fault. I hid everything and lied to you both for years. You did not know. He treated you both so badly and made you feel so unwelcome but you both endured it just so you could still have me in your lives. Please don't blame yourselves, you did nothing wrong," Ophelia says. "The only person to blame here is that nasty ass Jim," Rod says and everyone nods in agreement. Austin slings his arm around Ophelia's father's shoulders. "Bigfoot better watch out for the likes of you, Moonbeam," Austin says, laughing.