Shady Deals

Austin looks a little shaken by Ophelia's words. Ophelia suspects it's because no one has ever really trusted him. He is used to people not trusting him. But she does - it's now just a fact. "Are we going to stand here all day looking at each other?" Ophelia asks, grinning at Austin. Austin laughs and hands Ophelia her bag. "Ok, let's get going," he says taking her hand and walking out of the closet. He takes his phone from the bedside table and dials a number. Then hands it to Ophelia. She frowns in confusion but then realizes it is the bank and she cancels Jim's card as Austin leads her outside to his Rolls. He opens the passenger door and she gets in just as she finishes the phone call. "Easy peasy, right?" he says climbing into the driver's seat. "Yeah. Easy peasy," she says giggling a little. He takes his phone back and dials another number as he starts the car. The ringing phone comes through the speakers and he puts a finger to his lips in an indication for her to keep quiet. The phone rings to voice mail and he rolls his eyes and then cuts the call without leaving a message. He drives down Ophelia's driveway till he gets to her big gates then he stops and hops out of his car and opens the gates himself, drives through, and then again gets out to close the gate again. "We need to get you another security guard, baby. I am too lazy for all that shit," he says. Ophelia laughs again. She likes being with Austin, it's fun and light-hearted. With Jim she was always on eggshells, just waiting for the next nasty comment or worse. Suddenly his phone rings through the car speakers giving them both a little fright, which intern makes them both laugh.

"Rod, you stupid cow. What do I pay you for if you are not there for my beck and call?" Austin asks, answering the call. "Shut up. It took me all of two minutes to call you back. I have a life you know. What shit have you gotten yourself into now?" a woman's voice comes through the speakers. "I am hurt, Rod, maybe I am just phoning to tell you that I love you," he says. Rod sighs heavily on the other side of the phone. "I don't get paid enough for this. What do you need or will you let me get back to trying to save your fucking career," she says. "You got a pen and paper. I have a list," Austin warns. "Don't worry about what I got, just talk," Rod says. "Ok. You know Ophelia Monroe-" he starts but Rod's groan cuts him off. "Oh, Austin, please tell me you did not go over there. I told you not to! You probably scared the living shit out of that poor girl! You never fucking listen. Where are you? In jail?" she freaks out at him. "No. It worked out. Ophelia and I are best buds," Austin defends herself. "Austin did you offer her drugs? Shit! We are fucked!" Rod complains. "Rod! Shut up and listen to me!" Austin says. Rod goes quiet on the other side of the phone and Austin takes it as a cue to start talking. "We are going to the PR office now to sort out that PR  relationship contract. But I need you to arrange a new security guard for her gate. Someone trustworthy. Then I want you to do a background check on everyone that works for her. Also, get me an appointment with Hank," he says. "Anything else?" Rod asks. "Yes. I want you to get a locksmith out to her house and have him change the locks on her doors. All of them," Austin adds. "That all for now?" Rod asks. "Yes that's all," Austin says and cuts the call. Ophelia is a little annoyed and upset by what's happened but she does not say anything because she is scared to start a fight. Jim always did whatever he wanted and if Ophelia questioned him then he would freak out. She would rather not fight with Austin.

"You know, baby, usually I have to constantly ask the girls I am with to use their inside voices. Too much talking, cackling, and...screaming," he winks suggestively at her, "but you are clamped up tighter than a nun's legs," he says. Ophelia looks out the window and then back at him as she picks at the leather on her bag. How does she know what she is feeling? It's like he just knows. "I just don't want to start a fight, that's all," she says expecting him to blow up anyway at her confession, just as Jim would have done. But Austin does not do that. Instead, he lets out a laugh then reaches for a cigarette from his pack in the middle console and lights it. He takes two drags then stops like he remembers something. He looks at her stomach and then back at his cigarette. He opens his window and chucks it out then waves his hand around trying to get rid of any lingering smoke. "That's going to take some getting used to. I have never dated someone knocked up before," he says. Ophelia shakes her head and laughs at him, he seems a little stressed out. "It's ok," she says. Austin shakes his head. "It's not. Anyway, tell me what you are thinking, baby, and I promise I won't get mad," he says. Ophelia sits up a little straighter, she might as well give it a go. "I asked that we don't tell anyone about this relationship but you told...Rod and I don't even know who Rod is," she says. Austin turns and looks at her with a strange face. She has upset him and she feels bad. She wants to apologize to him so it takes everything in her not to say sorry. "Oops," she whispers instead. Austin throws his her back and lets out that deep contagious belly laugh of his, he is laughing so hard he has to swerve the Rolls to avoid hitting another car. "Fuck, baby, the day you say oops to that dickhead ex of yours when he expects an apology from you is going to be one of my favorite memories," he says wiping the tears from his eyes.