Who I Am

"Austin, please don't," Ruby whispers. Austin stands back and shakes his head at her then turns and continues to pack Ophelia's clothes in the boxes. "Oh no you don't. What secret?" Diamond demands. Austin ignores her and carries on packing while Ruby stands there looking at her feet. Diamond grabs the clothes from Austin and throws them across the room as Austin had done previously. "What secret?!" she shouts at him. "I was at the house!" Ruby shouts, "I was at the house," she adds again softly. Diamond spins around and stares at her. Ophelia can see Diamond shaking in anger. "You were at the party house? You were one of the people that left Austin to get arrested? How could you?" Diamond asks, disappointment clear in her voice. "You need to go see his lawyer, you need to help him. You can't let him take all this on his shoulders," she says. "It won't help none. All the pills were found on me. Even if she says something they will ignore it," Austin says. Diamond spins around and then fixes Austin with a stare. "You...you never carry pills. That's always been your rule. You only have enough to take yourself...you told me that, you have always told me that. So now that I think of it - why? Why did you have enough drugs on you to feed a small army?" Diamond asks, glaring at Austin. "They were mine," Ruby whispers, and Diamond spins around again to face her. "I brought them all. I was trying to impress Austin and his friends. When I showed him he told me to get rid of them and fast. But then suddenly the police showed up and I froze. Austin grabbed them from me and put them in his pockets. I am sorry, I am so sorry," Ruby cries.

"You bitch!" Diamond screams and lunges for Ruby but Austin catches her and pulls her back as she hits out and screams at Ruby. "Stop! Stop, Di! She can't go to prison! They will eat her alive!" he shouts over her screaming. Austin is taking the fall for Ruby and she is just letting it happen? "You need to tell them! You need to tell them they are not your drugs!" Diamond shouts, still struggling with Austin. He lets her go and she falls backward but rights herself just in time. "You think they will believe me?! Look at me, Di! I am a fucking walking drug ad! They will take one look at me and then her and they will fucking laugh!" he shouts

"You are a fucking moron! You are going to go to prison!"

"Rather me than her! Look at her! She will never survive prison!"

Diamond turns to look at Ruby who is crying and shaking like a leaf. "If you let him go down with this I will never forgive you. You can't do this to him," she says. "But, but, he chose to. He said he will be fine and that he would look after me," Ruby tries to defend herself. "Of course he did. He is a nice guy, a fucking idiot, but a nice guy. You took advantage of him...you are no better than the rest of those bloodsuckers that pop out of the woodwork when the party is hot."

"No-"

"Leave."

"This is not your house, you can't tell me to leave."

"But it is mine," Ophelia says stepping into the closet, "This is my home and I would like you to leave...please."

Ruby looks at her with tears in her eyes and then she runs out of the closet. The air is thick in the closet as Diamond stares Austin down. "I am going to say something. I am not going to let you go down for something you did not do," she says. "You will not. This was my choice and you need to back off, Di. They will fucking tear her to shreds in there and you know it. It's done now, leave it alone," he says. "You are a fucking idiot," she spits out and then storms out of the closet. Ophelia stands next to Austin, she wants to hug him but he does not look like he wants to be touched. "Guess I am not as cool as you thought, huh?" he says then turns and walks out too. Ophelia stands frozen on the spot. Does he think she thinks less of him? Does he think she would turn her back on him? For that? Of course he does, he said it himself, he has been told he needs fixing his whole life. But he is wrong. He is so very, very wrong. She breaks out in a sprint, coming out of her room she sees he has reached the bottom of the stairs and is heading for the front door. He is leaving? No. She sprints down the stairs and cuts him off at the front door, plastering her back to the front door with her arms spread out. "You can't leave," she says. Austin looks at her and then drops his head and plays with the rings on his fingers.