Dancing Queen

After they had finished in the front room, Ophelia and the girls move out to the pool. Aubrey makes them lunch and then serves cocktails while they watch as the sun starts to set. Austin and Oliver had gotten back mid-afternoon and have been busy banging around inside of the house since. As the sun disappears, Diamond stands and stretches. "Home time, come on you grumpy bitch," she says to Ruby then turns to Ophelia. "Goodbye, Ophelia. Thank you for hiring me, I won't let you down. I meant what I said at the club - I really like you and I am glad you are with Austin. You are good for each other," she says and hugs her. "I have a secret...Austin and I never slept together. He got drunk one night and I put him in my bed. When he woke up he just presumed we had. I didn't want to because I didn't want to ruin our friendship by catching feelings. You can tell him now if you like," she whispers in Ophelia's ear then pulls back and winks at her. Ruby offers Ophelia a small and waves then follows Diamond out. "Well we better be off too," Lacy says and Aubrey stands too. "We love working for you," she says and then the two of them leave.

"Ophelia, I know this is just a PR relationship...but I have never seen adult Austin like this. He has always been a nice guy but he is very selfish. He always put himself first, not because he was an asshole - it just happens when you get super famous overnight and people worship the ground you walk on. It's like we have gone back in time and gotten that Austin from our youth back, Oliver can't stop going on about it. I think we owe it all to you...but I do worry. He may look big and tough, and he may say he is just having fun...but there is something more there, I can see it when he looks at you. I sent him a long email warning him not to hurt you...but I think you were the one I should have warned. I know you won't ever hurt him intentionally, but...I am worried about how this ends."

"I...I am not ready for a real relationship. I am sorry."

"Don't be. You have every right to go out there and live your life after what you went through. That's what Austin wants too. You are a good person. I am just saying that you should be careful and make sure you are very clear about what you want out of this."

"Ok," Ophelia whispers. She feels awful, she would never want to hurt Austin. She adores him and he has helped her so much in such a short time. She feels she already has a whole new life. She owes it all to him, she would have nothing at all if it was not for him.

"Baby."

Ophelia and Rod both stand and turn back to the house. Oliver is standing next to Austin with a huge grin on his face. Austin is grinning too but he looks a little nervous. "Come on Rod, home time," Oliver says. Rod hugs Ophelia and kisses her cheeks. "You are so sweet and I hope you know that I like you just for you," she says softly then takes Oliver's hand as they disappear. "I have a surprise for you. Close your eyes," Austin says then he takes her hand and leads her up the stairs, and stops her in front of what she knows are the main bedroom's large double doors. "Open," Austin whispers in her ear. She opens her eyes and is then frozen to the floor as she looks around the bedroom. Gone are any signs of Jim, her bedroom is completely different. The once black heavy bedroom furniture is replaced with white, the heavy white lights above are now soft and yellow. Stacks of books are dotted around in piles on the floor, a big soft blue reading chair is placed neatly by her big windows overlooking the garden, a large box of overflowing snacks next to it. Her bed has been replaced too, soft white bedding that looks fluffy like a toasted marshmallow is draped over it, with big soft fluffy cushions. It's a four-poster bed and small yellow fairy lights are draped overhead on the white canopy. Her bedside table holds a large lamp, reading books, and a stand that proudly displays her pearls. The other table has the same big lamp and there is a plate that holds Austin's large mound of silver rings, his wallet is lying on there too.

It feels like she is in her treehouse.

"I figured that your room should be a place you love to be in, hide from the world for just a little bit. I know it's not professional, looks like two kids did it...but it's yours...this is what it feels like when you wrap your arms around me," Austin says softly next to her. Ophelia turns and faces Austin and then throws her arms around him. "Thank you. Thank you so much. I love every single thing. I will never change it, it's perfect," she says and then kisses him. But Rod was right, you don't do this type of thing for just anyone, she has to talk to him. She pulls back and takes his hand then leads him to the bed and sits down. "Oh, wow, this bed feels amazing," she says as she sits down. "Right!? Both Oliver and I fell asleep on this bed when we tested it. Leon had to kick our asses awake. Best part? That dirty bastard has not fucked anyone on it," he says sitting down too.