Chapter 7

What the hell happened?" Asked Matthew, looking at Asfary and I. "I have no idea." I said, looking around us making sure that nothing looked off, but nothing did and that was what scared me the most.

We started walking back home, or what we thought was home, because when we walked through the door, my mom said, "Oh, hey honey, you're back already? I thought you just left?" I looked at her confused and replied, "mom, we were gone for way over an hour." She too gave me a confused look, but walked away without saying another word.

      "Guys something feels off, and I'm not just saying that. This place isn't home," said Asfary.
"What, so are you saying we time traveled?" I asked. "Yes! That's exactly what I'm saying, we went through a time warp, how else do you think we teleported outside of that cave."
"Asfary, time traveling and going through a time warp are two completely different things. A time warp is a warp that takes you to a replica of our own world, but time speeds up. And time traveling is when you go back or forward in time to the exact time and place and clearly it's not the same time we left."

She gave a dirty look and said, "really? Look at your watch." I rolled my eyes and looked at my watch, sure enough the time read 6:45 p.m. "This is some wild shit!" said Matthew, stuffing his face with microwave popcorn that my mom, or a replica of my mom, had made for us. We couldn't help but to laugh because of the way he said it.

            A few minutes later I looked at my watch again and it read, 8:00 p.m. "wasn't just 6:45 minutes ago?" I asked the others in a worried tone. "Yeah, why?"

"It's 8:00 now."

"Wait, what?" nothing made sense to us, we had to find a way out. But how? That was the question we have been asking ourselves for a while, but didn't know the answer to.

      What seemed like minutes were hours, what seemed like hours were days and what seemed like days were weeks and so on. Time was running out and we had to get out before time runs out for good. "There must be a way where we can stop time, right?"  I asked randomly. "Something like that doesn't exist," said Asfary. "And if there was, it would be impossible to find, but I doubt something like that would actually exist." 

"Well, we can't just sit around and let time slip away, time is running out as we speak. We have to find a way to stop time, quickly, before time runs out," I said.

Asfary nodded her head and said to everyone, "Simon's right, we can't just be sitting around waiting for time to slip by, we have to take action and find a way out of this place some call home. And one more thing, is anyone worried that we might run into our doppelgangers?" We all laughed and I explained to her that we didn't travel back in time, but simply warped through time, therefore there are no doppelgangers.

     "The theory about time warps is that if you go through it then your doppelganger goes through it as well, so our doppelgangers are in our world just like we are in theirs." I said.

A/N

Sorry it took so long to update this, hope you guys like it.