Chapter ONE

This is my very first chapter to write ever and it may have some spelling errors or mistakes. If you find any, feel free to let me know. Really sorry if it's cringe. In most of this book, the characters will be speaking in Korean. If it's in English, it'll probably be bolded. Also, you are the main character. It's just easier to put a name instead of the 'y/n' stuff.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You're the reason that this happened, you know."

I look up at the two people who I'd thought would never betray me. My best friend, Kim Ae Ri, and my fiancé, Gu Minju. I'm currently laying on the ground, covered in bruises from the people they hired to kidnap me.

A few months ago, they locked me up in a dark room, an old CD player and a flickering light being the only thing with me. I saw a CD with some K-POP band whom I'd never heard of, but when I tried to play it, the CD player broke down. Should have known those d*uche baggies didn't have enough decency to give me something to enjoy spending the long days there.

I thought I had the best life after I moved to South Korea. I had a great best friend, a loving fiancé, and a good future ahead of me. I was ecstatic when Minju proposed to me, since he was my first love. I thought I had finally found a place to call home.

"If you would have acted how we needed you to, you would have been enjoying your life" Ae Ri snarls as she brings me back to the present. What the hell is she talking about?

"I needed you to just do everything that Minju told you to.  But you were too stubborn and ruined everything for me."

"What are you talking about?! I didn't ruin anything for you" Ae Ri slaps me hard and the side of my lip splits open. When I look up into her eyes, I almost flinch from the look in her eyes. She looked like she was about one second from snapping my neck. Which wouldn't have been a big issue if I wasn't tied to the floor. She's lucky she's tied my hands and legs, otherwise my defense training would have knocked her to the ground.

"You do know you b*tch! Do you really think that Minju chose to be with you out of love? Who would want to be with someone like you? He was only with you for the money. You're so plain that no one would choose to be with you."

As she talks, I look at Minju who honestly looks like he could care less. He has a sneer on his face as Ae Ri basically tells me the past 3 years of my life were a ploy.

"Didn't you ever wonder why Minju wanted to visit your parents so badly? Why he always asked about them? There's a rumor that your parents are actually bigshot owners of a company. Nobody knew the exact details, only that it was a pretty big business."

What? It can't be true. I've been with them for most of my life. If they had that big of a secret, they would have told me. I'm so lost in thought, that I don't even notice that Ae Ri has stopped talking because she realized I wasn't listening.

Smack!

"Are you even listening to me right now? Who made you so arrogant? I'll make sure your last days feel like hell."

Ae Ri makes a gesture towards Minju, signaling for him to speak. He looks behind him and only then do I notice the group of guys behind him. It looks like about four guys, and they all have sleazy looks on their faces. He slowly walks towards me and crouches down.

"I hope you enjoy yourself because this will be your last moments. We're going to use these men to let you enjoy yourself before your death. We decided you should at least get to experience that before your untimely death. Then we're going to take pictures and post them online. Everyone will see your shamelessness even after you're gone. "