Chapter EIGHT

Hi guys!

I know this chapter took way too long to be published, but I'm really really sorry!!!!

Anyway, please enjoy!

__________________________________________________________

We arrived at our dorm around 2 am. Sun-Hi and I were both so exhausted that we didn't even bother to speak to each other, collapsing on our beds. 

A phone call wakes me up later at 7am. I sit up and grab my phone, feeling the cranky beast rising up inside me from lack of sleep. I look at the Caller ID to find out that's it's my dad. I wonder why he's calling me so early.

I pick up the phone, half-expecting him to tell me something terrible. I take a few deep breaths and answer the phone.

"Hey Dad! I don't know who did it, but I didn't eat the cake from the fridge!" I quickly blurt out, my brain cells leaving the building for a couple moments.

"Oh....um... I'm just calling to talk about the company deal. But what's that I hear about the leftover cake?"  I facepalm, berating myself for my blatant stupidity. I clear my throat and change the subject. 

"Nothing! I was just rehearsing for a role...for...a-let's just talk business, shall we?" 

"...Okay. I wanted to talk to you about the company that you're going to collaborate with. Something happened to one of their managers and they're short-staffed." He says after a sigh. I felt bad for him, knowing that he must be going through a lot. 

"I know that's stressful. Is there anything I can do to help?" I ask, trying to see if I can lift some weight off his shoulders.

"Actually. There is. I was wondering if you'd be interested in becoming a manager for the company." 

"What?! A manager? But, what about college?!" My mind goes haywire as I think about my dad's proposal. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to help him out. But there's no way I can handle being a manager, producer, AND finish college. 

"I understand your concerns, Jae-Hwa. But, I have it all under control. I talked with the dean of the college, and he said that you will still be allowed to graduate next year. Since being a producer and manager aligns with your majors, it will be counted as experience for college." 

I listened quietly as my dad gradually eased all of my worries. I sighed in relief and smiled slightly. 

"So I can still graduate even though I won't be at the college for most of the time. That's good. In that case, of course I would love to become a manager!" 

My dad and I continued to talk about the perks and the responsibilities of being a manager for the still unknown company. After we talked for about an hour, my dad got ready to say goodbye after saying one more thing.

"Tomorrow we'll go together to sign the NDA. Once you sign the contract, you can start work that following day. You'll have a tour before to get the hang of things." 

"Okay dad. I love you and see you then!"

"Love you too, Jae-Hwa."

Right when I hung up the phone call with my dad, another call comes through. Namjoon? Why is he calling me? I answer the phone curiously, wanting to know what could possibly be so important. 

"Namjoon? Is there something wrong?"

"What?! Of course not! I was just wondering if you wanted to get coffee with us." Namjoon responds, quickly, deterring any forms of concern I had.