chapter 15: the big day.

It was time. Time for the funeral service.

It was 2 weeks later, I had finally started taking care of myself, because that's what copia wouldve wanted.

I get dressed in one of his old outfits as most of his things were handed to me on his will. I sigh and I mess around with facepaint. I decide to to with something like a mix between him and his brothers. "You can do this" i see a familiar bunch of people. It was papa 1, 2 , 3 and copia. Papa 4. "I hope so.." I sigh. "You can, caro." Copia says. "I will." I say. "You look great!" He says. "It feels so weird talking to you when you're dead.." I say. "Hey y/n who are you talking to?" Rain asks. "Oh! Nobody!" I say. "Get out there papa 5. This is your destiny." Copia says as he winks."remember, I'm with you always, even dead." He says. I make sure not to cry and head out with my mask on, not smudging the make up as I have a special powder on it.

Aether's pov

We got to the service and we all manage to hold composure.

We all get on stage around papas casket.

Oh my satan..

I feel as if I'm going to cry.

"Thankyou everyone for coming. If you're here to get famous, get.the fuck out, if you're here to genuinely mourn papa's death, stay. But we have some very important things to say, about how the band will continue, who the papa is, and speeches about how great of a papa he was.." y/n says over the mic.

Gosh this is difficult.

Y/n's pov

"Right now, I'm the only one who knows who the next papa is." I say and I take off my mask. I hear alot of sobbing. My heart starts racing as I see alot of people staring happily knowing there's the future papa, Standing before them.

"We aren't over, just deeply saddened by great papa 4's death." I say. "It wasn't me who decided to be papa, it was his. I was his right-hand man he said on his letter to me, sister took on that opportunity and here I am. Papa 5." I continue."I will forever miss him. My love, our papa." I say standing over his casket. "I think we all will." I say as my voice cracks. I take a deep breath and sigh.
"I, hand on heart, will take the role of being papa seriously, and keep the torch bright for whoever I choose to be papa in future. I will do everything i can for the clergy and this band. That is a promise." I say and a tear rolls down my face, I try to stop it but in minutes I'm bawling and walk to the side as the other ghouls have their speeches. This make up dosent come off wow.

I walk of the stage and sit down taking a breather making sure my makeup is not ruined. "You did great" Papa says in his ghostly form. "Thankyou, papa." I say. "Y/n, he's dead" someone says. It's theo. "Why do you look like a papa?" Xe asked. "Oh, I uh, well- I'm the new papa 5." I shrug."Oh! Shit I see. Is it okay if I see him-?" Xey ask. "eh, of course!" I say. "Lets go" I add.

The crowd of people are now gone so we can have personal time with him. I hold his hand before we move on to the burial.

He's buried with his brothers.

We continue speeches before he's buried.

That drive home was very quiet.

We get to the ministry and sister greets me. "Hello papa 5!" She says. "Ah. sister. Hello" I manage to crack a smile. "Im assuming you're familiar with copias room and office?" Sje asks. "Uh, yeah I am." I say. "Thise are your rooms now." She says. "Yeah..I know.." I say. Still sad.

"Right, i best be off." She says and dissapears to wherever she goes to.

I walk to the office and stare at the old coffee cup. Well, my cup now.

I take it to the kitchen to get it cleaned as it was moulding after 2 weeks of no use and it still has coffee in it.
"Good evening papa" a sister of sin says. "Evening.." I say.

"Everything holding up okay?" She asks. "I guess so.." I reply after finishing cleaning.

I walk back to his old office ad look around some of the stuff in the drawers and stuff. Old love letters from me, photos of us together, old tour posters the lot of it. I sigh. "Helloo" I hear. "Hi papa.." I say. You know, I've always been good with talking to ghosts. Since I was a child as I had no other friends. "How are you?" He asks. "Shit hah." I say. "I've given all my clothes  but the ones I was wearing at the funeral to you, and all my belongings to be honest." He says. "Thankyou, that's very thoughtful of you." I say.

"It's no problem, caro." He says. I break again after he says that. "I haven't heard that in almost a month.." I sob. "I see" he says. He dissapears.

I get up and walk to my new room, clean as it usually is.
I fall asleep in his bed. Still smells of him.

Weeks
then Months
Then years go by as papa

we get through successful tours, new music and even a new album. It's been almost 4 months. I get up. I know my time will come shortly.

We have one more ritual in LA.

It goes smoothly but then I'm dragged off.

Fuck.

It's my fate. To be papa.

It WAS.

I'm given a poison of sorts by the mystery ghoul and beaten bloody.

I wake up in pain. Horrible pain.
I look around and decide my successor, as my head is in the guillotine.

Theo.

"Sister..can I tell you my successors name..before I die.." I say croaking. "Who" she says blankly. "theo..theo emeritus" I say. "Got it." She says before everything went black and cold.

I'm dead.

I wake up in what looks like the ministry and I see the papas. All 5, nihil, primo, secondo, terzo and copia.

"Welcome, y/n. To the afterlife." Copia says.

"You rest with us now." One says.

Like copia said.

"Im with you always."

He never lied.

Time is ticking

Tick

Tick

Tick

Tick