VALYRIAN TRADITIONS

Driftmark

DRAGON ROARS carried through the breezes as colorful beasts danced through the skies. Daemon and Rhaenyra had told the young children that it was about time to return to Dragonstone. Syrax and Caraxes were already in the air, Rhaenyra seated upon Syrax with her youngest child, Joffrey. Rhaenys and Meleys had decided to tag along, for the fun of it. Lunarys on her beloved golden bane, Luke and Jace shared their seat on Valerion, the dragon had grudgingly agreed to carry them. There was one more Dragon who flew along — Seasmoke, her uncle's former Dragon.

Lunarys was still upset, having lost both her beloved step-mother and her favorite uncle. But she had to face forward and push through, that's what her father told her the night before. But she'd never forget them, they'd always remain a part of her heart that she would guard 'till the end of time. Her relationship with the two Velaryons were unique, and would never fade, even through death.

Soon, Valerion's frame rose into the sky. Holding onto any possible spikes they could reach, the wind force pushed them downward against the Dragon's scales. The Dragons soared through the skies together across the narrow sea, Valerion flew in the middle of the bunch in the air, the smaller dragons around next to him. Aerys and Urrax had more of a placing in the outskirts of the mess.

"Father! Rhaenyra! Cousin Rhaenys!" Lunarys called over to her father, who's Dragon neared her Dragon's side, "What is it?" Daemon asked his first born child with an arched brow. "How about a little race to Dragonstone?" the girl questioned smugly, as if Lucerys and Jacaerys weren't on the back of Valerion. Meleys and Syrax glid closer to the golden beast and roared loudly. "We're in," Rhaenyra nodded her head as well as did Rhaenys. "Okay then, let's.. go!" Valerion's roar caused the water beneath to vibrate as the Dragon kicked his talons and sped up his pace.

Caraxes would not let himself be left behind and was quick to chase the larger beast, Syrax tried to catch up with the Bloodwyrm, but to no vail. Meleys, the red queen though had passed Caraxes swiftly. She wasn't named Westeros fastest dragon for no reason, after all. A Dragon as a Targaryen, had to earn certain titles. Meleys dove down towards the sea with a shriek, Valerion's wings folded against his body as he dove after her.

Both their wingspans extended once their tails and claws hung in the waters. "Wohoo!" Lucerys cheered from the top of his lungs, his arms flailed upwards, his brother held his hips so he wouldn't bounce off Valerion. "Soon, we'll fly on Vermax and Arrax like this, Luke," Jace smiled softly at his younger brother who grinned from ear to ear. Lunarys turned her head around, her grin widened at the sight of the boys whom enjoyed themselves on Dragonback as she once had when her father took her along on his Dragon.

Patting the golden scales of her Dragon, the beast rose up from the waters, Meleys was already in their front, she had passed them. Dragonstone was near, the Island was already in sight, though it was still small from their distance. Lucerys lowered his arms, wrapping them instead around the Dragon rider's waist. The Rogue Princess head had turned back to the front, a gentle rosè tinting her cheekbones silk cover. Jace arched a brow as he leaned slightly towards the right, he could see the faint reddening and a smirk tainted his facials.

Meleys was the first to land on Dragonstone's grass, Valerion followed. Then there came Seasmoke, Aerys, Urrax, Caraxes and lastly Syrax. Jace was the first to dismount Valerion, helping his younger brother to get off the large flying beast. Lunarys slid down Valerion's side to his wing bone, Jacaerys extended his hand to her, "My Lady," he spoke with a sheepish grin, Lunarys couldn't help but chuckle, taking his hand in hers, she stepped off her Dragon's wing, "Thank you, my Lord," She mocked him, at the wording of lord, Jacaerys nose scrunched upwards.

Releasing their hold, Lunarys was tackled into a hug by young Lucerys, "Valerion is awesome! He's so big and cool, so fast! Me and Arrax are gonna be just as cool in a couple of years," Luke exclaimed proudly, Jacaerys and Lunarys began laughing heartedly. Lucerys didn't understand why they were laughing, his lips formed a small pout, he wanted to laugh as well. "What's so funny? I want to know too," Luke whined with pouted lips, his arms crossing over his chest.

Jace placed a hand on top of his younger brothers head, his laughing slowly ceased but the smile remained as if glued onto pale features, "We're laughing because you're so adorable," Lucerys pale face washed over with cherry red tint, all the way from his cheeks up to his ears. Puffing out his cheeks, the boy ran off, "I'm not cute!" he yelled as he ran, Valerion released a puff of smoke out of amusement. The Prince and Princess left behind exchanged a high-five and left the Dragons to rest outside.

"Your brother surely is something," Lunarys spoke as she and Jace had their fingers intertwined, "He is my younger brother after all, it resides in our blood," they passed rhaenys on the way inside the castle, she was on her way out back to her Dragon Meleys. "Leaving already?" Lunarys asked as all three came to a halt, releasing Jace's hand to his dismay. Truth to be told, he was a little more fond of his cousin then he should be; he knew his brother liked the young girl. He would always talk about her before going to bed after they had spend the day together.

"Yes, I've got to get back to my Husband in Driftmark, love. But I'll see you soon, okay? You too, Jacaerys," Lunarys and Jace nodded as Rhaenys carefully cupped her cheeks in her palms, pressing her lips against the princess forehead before leaving to her Dragon outside. They watched as Rhaenys mounted her Dragon and took off into the sky, heading back to Driftmark through the clouds.

Lunarys eyes narrowed, Valerion had left the ground as well. Most likely left into a cave that was free in Dragonstone to make his own lair. Jace took the Rogue Princess hand to pull her further into the castle, the door behind them falling shut as it had not been held open any longer. Jace released her hand once they arrived at the dinning hall, holding her the door open until she stepped inside. Daemon lifted his head to glance at his daughter with his usual smile that only ever shone when she was near.

The oldest of Rhaenyra's sons pulled a chair outwards for the girl between himself and his younger brother, Lucerys kicked his feet silently whilst humming as he and Jace waited for her to sit with them. Once seated, Lucerys small frame had hopped off his own chair and pushed the princess chair towards the table, before hopping back onto his own chair. "You've raised Gentlemen, 'nyra," Daemon seethed through teeth with amusement lacing in his voice. Rhaenyra mumbled a quiet 'thank you' before lifting her gaze from her plate.

"Children, me and Daemon have something to announce," Rhaenyra placed her fork down onto the wooden table, the children rose their heads to glance at the Targaryen heir. "Me and Daemon wish to get married the traditional Valyrian way, tonight. Would you all be okay with that?" The room was filled with silence, the rogue prince's gaze traveled to his first born, but she seemed rather nonchalant about the request knew that her father was always truly in love with Rhaenyra. She heard him and Laena often talk about it.

"We're fine with it," Jacaerys spoke up for the crowd, a sigh of relief left Rhaenyra's lungs. The Family then returned to finishing their dinner, before heading outside of the Dragonstone castle. Daemon and Rhaenyra had left the kids waiting outside, whilst they'd be to change their clothing to the proper attire. Soon Daemon and Rhaenyra returned, a small location was chosen where they would wed. The Children followed the two adult targaryens.

The wedding was held small obviously, the only ones attending it were Lunarys, Joffrey, Lucerys and Jacaerys. The scenery was pretty, with a maester wedding them. Dragon glass was used to make cuts upon their bottom lip and palms, which squeezed together in order to bond their blood together. As their lips met for a kiss, the Dragons in the distance roared loudly from their caves.