A SECOND SON'S LEGITIMACY

Dragonstone

SIX YEARS HAD passed since the funeral of Laena and Laenor Velaryon. Lunarys, who was now fourteen and Jacaerys who was a young man by now at the age of sixteen. Both were having High Valyrian lessons at the current time, but it was more certainly a lesson for Jace. High Valyrian wasn't necessarily hard for the young princess as her father had taught her from the very beginning. Their lesson was interrupted with her father entering the hall, "Leave us," Rhaenyra was quick to say.

Lunarys and Jace nodded, "Joffrey, come," Jacaerys spoke towards his younger brother that got up and went with them, squishing between his older brother and his cousin, he took both of their hands in his smaller ones and hummed happily. "What would you like to do now, Joffrey?" the young boy pondered for a moment at the question he was asked by the princess, but came rather quickly to an answer, "Visit Vermax and Valerion!"

Jacaerys laughed softly, giving his younger blood relative a gentle squeeze to the hand, "Okay, let's go then," The trio left entrance to the great hall and skipped down the stairs to the exit, where their Dragons we're waiting for them. Jace and Lunarys had flown out earlier before coming into the castle to get their daily High Valyrian lessons. Valerion was laying against the grass, his head resting across his wing claws, Vermax was standing on top of Valerion's back, teeth wrapped around one of Valerion's spikes as he pulled.

Valerion did not mind, it did not hurt him, he just left Vermax to do as he pleased — the dragon was still a child after all. "Vermax, get down there," Jace scolded his youngling, the Dragon lifted his head and tilted it towards where the voice came from, Valerion rose his head as well. Immediately once the young green colored Dragon had spotted his rider, he slithered down Valerion's back and halted in front of him, bumping his head against Jace's broad chest.

"Vermax!" Joffrey happily exclaimed, his hands extended to grab the Dragons muzzle. Vermax allowed such, hissing as his throat lowered and his muzzle was in reach for the young Velaryon. The grounds shook as Valerion rose onto his hinder legs and wing legs, moving forward to lower his muzzle as well towards his rider, crests vibrating as low purring left the dragon's septum. Lunarys stroked her Dragon across his dirty golden scales, as the sound of the castle door opening rung in their ears and their bodies turned around.

"Father?" Lunarys tilted her head slightly to the side as Rhaenyra, Aegon and Visery, Lucerys and Daemon stepped out the doors towards them, Rhaenyra looked rather unpleased. Viserys and Aegon were twins that were fathered by the rogue princess father, they were her half-brothers. "We're going to Kings Landing, is Valerion ready?" Daemon halted in front of his daughter, whom's Dragon stood right behind her. Her eyelashes fluttered for a couple times before answering, "Yes, of course,"

"Good. We're leaving, we'll go by ship, you take Valerion. I have a feeling that he'll be needed," Lunarys nodded her head, Valerion lowered his shoulder as the princess immediately climbed up the ladder of ropes dangling from his side that was connected to his saddle. "Sōves," she whispered as she pressed her chest against the saddle, the golden beast that had been given the name ' The Golden Bane ' by the people who saw him, pushed himself into the air, his wings preforming heavy beatings in order to keep himself and his rider steady in the air.