THE WAR TO COME

Dragonstone

QUEEN RHAENYRA entered the council room, the table map flowing with hot lava, lightning up the carved texts that described different houses, seas and lands. Everyone bowed their heads as she entered the room with her guards, "Your grace," Daemon spoke gently as he stood at the end of the table. The Guards that guided her into the room remained stood at her small hand command.

"Wine, my Queen," Rhaena moved forward, extending her hand that was grasping a cup towards the newly crowned queen. Rhaenyra was still quite overwhelmed with the crowning after the cremation of her child and took the cup only with hesitation, "Thank you, Rhaena. Come," Rhaenyra's voice was soft as she asked the girl to follow her, to which Rhaena did with a smile adorning her lips. As they studded towards the large table, Rhaenyra nodded her head towards baela to follow.

With her grandmother's approval, Baela followed alongside the Queen to gather around the table with the queen's council and her Queensguard. "What is our standing?" Rhaenyra asked out loud in the room, "We have 30 Knight, a hundred crossbowmen, and 300 men-at-arms. Dragonstone is relatively easy to defend, but as an instrument of conquest, our army leaves a lot to be desired. We have sent word to my loyal men in the City watch," Daemon informed his wife of their current situation.

"I'll have some support there, but I cannot speak to the numbers," Daemon finished his sayings off. "We already have declarations from Celtigar and Staunton, Massey, Darklyn, Bar Emmon," one of Rhaenyra's advisers exclaimed into the crowd. "My lady mother was an Arryn, the Vale will not turn cloak against their own Kin," Rhaenyra pointed towards the table map's location where the Vale was located. "Riverrun was always a close friend to your father, your grace, with Prince Daemon's acquiescence, I've already sent ravens to Lord Grover," The room remained in silence for a couple of heavy seconds.

"Lord Grover is fickle and easily swayed. He will need to be convinced of the strength of our position and we will support him should it come to war," Rhaenyra's gaze flickered to Daemon as his calmly spoken voice rose, "I'm going to treat with him myself," Lunarys backed off slightly, she didn't like the sound of war coming. "What of Storms end and Winterfell? There has never lived a Stark who forgot an oath and with House Stark, the North will follow," Another of Rhaenyra's council members let his voice rise into the thick tension of the council meeting.

"Lord Borros Baratheon will need to be reminded of his father's promises," Rhaenyra rose her head, thickly gulping as silence engulfed the room once more. A small silver stature was placed upon Winterfell's location by one of the Queensguard. Jace, who was stood between Lucerys and Lunarys moved his arm with a small stature and placed it near duskendale on the table map. Rhaenyra turned to her aunt who stood amongst them, "What news from Driftmark?"